SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55473 - 10/23/04 03:29 PM SONG HELP
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
On my KN3000 hard drive, I have many midi and Technics File songs and styles.

Recently, I was copying midi files to a floppy disk, so that I could load it into the KN7000.

Here is one problem I came across while trying to save. After I loaded a midi song on the 3000 (from the 3000 hard drive) and hit the play button on the 3000, it played the song (U.S. Army Anthem) as it was titled.
This is good, as it is correct.

However, after saving this song to a floppy, reloading it into either the 3000, or the 7000, it played "It had To Be You"
This has happened to a few of the songs in the 3000 hard drive folder titled Military.
Along with the Army song, this strange incident also happenes when I load the Coast Guard Anthem. The Coast Guard Anthem, like the Army Anthem will load from the 3000 hard drive and play the correct song, as expected. And just like the Army Anthem song, if I save it to a floppy disk, then load it into either the 3000, or 7000, it too plays "It Had To Be You"

Out of the 15 songs in the 3000 Hard Military Folder, 5 songs will load and play correctly, but if you save these same 5 midi songs it to a floppy and then try to load and play, all 5 play "It Had To Be You"

By the way, if I play these 5 songs on the computer, the computer plays..(you quessed it).."It Had To Be You" I even tried saving these particular midi files as a Technics file, but after saving to a disk and loading it plays the wrong song..all 5...all play "It Had To Be You"

Now I like the song "It Had To Be You", but after hearing it play over and over..I'm getting sick of it!

Thanks for any help,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55474 - 10/23/04 03:39 PM Re: SONG HELP
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Larry, STRANGE Email me a copy of the Floppy disc with the complete Military folder and I'll see what I can do........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55475 - 10/24/04 01:24 PM Re: SONG HELP
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi Larry,
I get confused of this... But maybe there is a simple explanation. The 3000 and the HD has some bugs, but not in this kind of saving floppys. However, let me hear what Bill can do. If he not solv this problem, we can go further...

Regards Lindoz

#55476 - 10/25/04 12:13 PM Re: SONG HELP
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'll send the songs out soon.
Thanks for your help in this strange problem.
I'm not sure if the KN3000 hard drive has a bug, because out of the nearly 1000 songs, this is the only folder that has this problem.
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55477 - 10/25/04 04:11 PM Re: SONG HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry,

I am sure that most of the Forum will be awaiting an answer to this one!!

It is getting close that time of the year with all the ghost's and such.

Fran in Florida

#55478 - 11/09/04 07:06 AM Re: SONG HELP
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Okay, Larry......sorry to be so late with a reply to your query, but my computer is still in storage and I'm at the mercy of borrowed computers and connections. Maybe by Valentines Day?! Anyway, I have had the same problem pop up, especially when doing conversions, and by accident I found out what was causing it. I would load in a style from floppy and it would play an entirely different song, or somewhere along the line at the press of a different panel memory button, another unrelated song or style would start. It had me puzzled until one of my recent recordings started playing, and I checked the sequencer to find the rascal lurking in there. I had recorded a song at some point and gone on to other things without clearing the sequencer, so after working on another style, I saved it to disk and along with the style, the sequencer snuck in the stored song. I used to do a disk save with everything on, but now I always turn off the sequencer during a save. If your panel memory positions are stored in other than normal, then when you press a different panel memory button, you could trigger a sequencer memory with different conditions and settings than you expect. Just enter the sequencer edit mode and delete the song and everything will return to normal. But, remember to resave the song/style with the empty sequencer or it will reload the next time you try it. Now, I have a lot of catching up to do on this forum. Happy trails!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 11-09-2004).]

#55479 - 11/09/04 07:29 AM Re: SONG HELP
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Larry, I forgot to mention.....if you need another copy of the Army Anthem (Caisson Song), load it in from the Patriotic set I did some time ago and delete the song from the sequencer and reuse the style.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online