SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57379 - 10/15/04 11:58 AM Recording with Easy record
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again!
As usual I need help from the experts and this is the place!
I have recorded a song using Easy Record and it came to 38 measures. Now I want to add additional measures, but I am not sure how to do this. Is there a way to record a second song and attach it to the end of the first? Or should I be using the Sequencer? If I try Realtime record, I cannot choose the measure to start. If I use Punch record, I can choose the measure, but how do I add additional measures to be added?
Thanks for any suggestions and help.

TGIF! Have a great weekend!

Ted

#57380 - 10/16/04 04:03 AM Re: Recording with Easy record
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Ted,

There is an answer. You can 'live' again. Here goes:-

Stage 1:-Go into sequencer again - set APC/rhythm to record - press your first rhythm chord (as you did previously), and proceed to record the 'left-hand' chords for the entire recording. (inc those you did originally). If it assists you at all, by all means play your meoldy line along with it. It won't be recording anyway, and is not necessary.

Stage 2:- Go into the 'play' page - press 'mixer' - press the track button of any unused track - on the sound panel set the voice of your choice into this track - then panel write.

Stage 3:- Go back into the sequencer - set the track you selected to carry your new melody line voice, to record, and away you go. playing back what you've already recorded. - When reaching the bar where you want to continue your melody line, simply play.

The exercise is now completed, and you have the basis of your full recording. Voices can be changed to suit at anytime in the future, and even techni-chord can be accommodated if you so wish. Let me know if techni-chord is involved. And do bear in mind one thing Ted.

This marvellous machine of ours (K7 - never to be seen again - tears here), will allow us to virtually do anything recording-wise. We merely have to have the musical imagination, and the technical knowledge of how to use the sequencer to it's fullest ability.

All the best on your project Ted, let me know how you get on.

Colin.

#57381 - 10/16/04 05:19 AM Re: Recording with Easy record
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Colin!

Thanks for your reply here. Your expertise will surely come through for me, and I am anxious to try your suggestions.

Glad to see you back here among the wise (and otherwise like me ) ones of the Technics family! And am looking forward to many more words of wisdom from your fertile musical mind!

My own special regards to you, (but you already know that)! Thanks for you help.

Ted

#57382 - 10/16/04 08:51 AM Re: Recording with Easy record
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
COLIN.....Thanks for your wonderful post! It is so helpful when those who have the knowledge & experience provide detailed responses to questions so many have!

Thank you so very much..... ELIZABETH

#57383 - 10/16/04 11:24 AM Re: Recording with Easy record
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Elizabeth,

My pleasure.

I hope I've been able to assist you. We are all here to learn from each other. And all for the wondrous hobby of making music. Can't be bad. !

Colin.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online