SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40024 - 10/09/04 07:59 AM Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Fran Durham seems to be constantly referred to as Her. This must really be agrivating to Fran. Please everyone pay attention to this post and get it right.
Fran lives in Florida, (what is left of it) with his wife that I shall not name here as I don't have permission.
I seem to remember something that probably only people with the name and school teachers would know.
There are two spellings for Francis and Frances. I think one is male and one is female. This of course is subject to correction by you experts
ONCE AGAIN, FRAN In FLORIDA IS HIM, as in MR. GET IT RIGHT!! Thank you
Best to all,
Bill

#40025 - 10/10/04 04:12 PM Re: Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
For some months ago I also thought of Fran in Florida as a female. But when I read his postings "between the raws" I found out that he is a "Mr". For us scandinavians there are some confusing in english names and what sex it stands for. As an exampel, Jan, is a typical male name here. However I´m also some confusing in some spanish name like Jesus Maria which almost is a male.

In the name of equality, it would be nice with some female KN-players too. I remember Eileen Hardisty from NZ, who had some postings on the old Technote forum. Besides her, there is no female players so far I know. But I´m sure they exists somewhere out there...

Regards Lindoz

#40026 - 10/10/04 04:24 PM Re: Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I too thought Fran was a female at first, then decided maybe he was a male. I actually met him at a Technic's demo for the KN7000 when they first came out. I can say for sure he is a male, I also met his wife.

Marilyn

#40027 - 10/10/04 07:57 PM Re: Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:

In the name of equality, it would be nice with some female KN-players too. I remember Eileen Hardisty from NZ, who had some postings on the old Technote forum. Besides her, there is no female players so far I know. But I´m sure they exists somewhere out there...

Regards Lindoz

[/B]

LIndoz,
We have quite a few female technics players that are in my email lists but most don't post on the forum
I wish they would because of them are far ahead of us guys in programming and maybe in playing too
I have one daughter that is the programmer for the main frame that runs the employment department for the entire State of Washington. She also plays a real Piano and quite well. Women can be as smart as they want to be
Bebop

#40028 - 10/11/04 10:52 AM Re: Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
ELIZABETH here.....very much a female! Thank you BILL for your kind & TRUE words of encouragement!

My KB's are both KN's...the 6K & the 7K....Have also owned the 1K, 3K, & 5K....

I do post on several 7K sites...including this one, now & then. Last time was a request for initialized 3.5 flopies for the KN's I no longer have. The responses mostly questioned my "need" to have what I wanted....(No where did I mention a "need")A couple of responses had great suggestions about where I might find what I was looking for. One response indicated he might have what I wanted....but no additional correspondence ensued...

My interest in having the initialized discs remains unfulfilled.....

I think this is my first post since...

Seems to me both Heather & Joan are women too! They post frequently.....However this does seem to be a mostly male site...

#40029 - 10/11/04 01:36 PM Re: Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Well, well, now they pop up here all the hidden femaleplayers. "Elisabeth" sure tells me you are a women. Actually my mother had that name too. Etwo says me nothing.

Seems that you feel dissatisfied with the responses of your quest about initializing floppys. Don´t let this harm you in further postings. We (males) will start for improvements!

This is defenitly not a male site. I can sure you we all look forward waiting for your next posting.

Regards Lindoz

#40030 - 10/12/04 11:04 AM Re: Fran in Florida is MR. Fran
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Lindoz,

I'm HEATHER and I'm Female also! I currently have a PR54 Piano and a PSR500 (cheapy). Before the piano I had a KN6000.

Mr. Fran, Mr. Dan and Ms. Me are the ones putting the East Coast Jam together. Several of us females have been on here for some time, where have you been. LOL

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online