SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40130 - 09/28/04 02:13 AM joined the 'club' of ...
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best forumfriends,
love to share in a moment my feelings with you. Since yesterday I have joined the club of many fellow members with having the same occupation: RETIRED
Allthought I allways worked with great pleasure, I have looked forward to this new phase in my/our life. And I think I gonna love it. Allthought this new 'freedom' is something to cherish, I am concerned that health is a greater gift.
So I produced and published today my first song, made in my retired status: La Chanson D'orphee (Morning of the Carnaval )..
Best greetings,
Cees
Webmaster of Keso-Songs, Keso-Jukebox and Keso-Café
Please visit: http://www.keso.nl

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 09-28-2004).]

#40131 - 09/28/04 02:40 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Cees,

Congratulations! You will enjoy having the freedom to set your own daily agenda instead of having to go to a job whether you want to or not. I received a coffee mug among other gifts when I retired 10 years ago. On the cup is the following: "There's no business like no business." That says it all. No phones to answer, no reports to write, no boss, no pressure, and best of all, no rush hour traffic to fight every morning and evening.

ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT! YOU EARNED IT!

Best Wishes,

Chuck

#40132 - 09/28/04 03:34 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Congratulations Cees Happy Retirement
Chuck, your comments express my feelings exactly

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40133 - 09/28/04 04:26 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi Cees,
Its a beautiful song that you have create.
You playing it very well.
Its gif me a feeling like I just come uit of the shell.

Jack

#40134 - 09/28/04 05:05 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Congratulations Cees!

As a retiree myself, I will tell the most perplexing question you will constantly ask yourself in the days ahead is: "When did I ever find time to work?!" Although retirement sometimes indicates your are now older (never OLD, just older!), if you are healthy,happy and alive, this can be one of the busiest and most fulfilling times of your life.

Thank you for all the wonderful material you have continually provided us here and on your great web site. My heartiest congratulations to you on passing this milestone, and personal best wishes for a long and happy future to a truly great guy named Cees!

Ted

#40135 - 09/28/04 06:51 PM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Congratulations Cees!
I am enjoying it now for the past 12 years, I dont know where time is going seems there is not enugh of it, best to you , best regards ,BENNO

#40136 - 09/29/04 02:56 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Cees - You have always come across as a person who enjoys life and I am sure that you will equally enjoy your retirement. You have interests that satisfy you and I think that is the secret of keeping young, at least in mind.

You, in common with other members of this forum, enjoy music and I have always thought that if you enjoy music and particularly if you can make your own music then its as if you have a friend with you.

I used to wonder how I would keep busy when I retired. I can't imagine why, I never have time enough now to do what I want to do!

Good luck to you. Joan

#40137 - 09/29/04 06:38 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi all,
thank you very much for all the hearthwarming reactions and well-meaning wisdom based on your own experience. It seems to me that you are a happy bunch of retirees
Cheers,
Cees

#40138 - 09/29/04 10:01 AM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Not I...I'm still a working stiff...have a way to go before I hang em up.

Anyway, nice song and Good Luck in your retirement. However I hope you keep working on KESO.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40139 - 09/29/04 08:11 PM Re: joined the 'club' of ...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI YA CEES,
How very nice that you are now retired, and have joined the rank of many of us here. We are probably the busiest people you know. We always had time for everything before retirement but now we can hardly catch up on a daily basis
I have now been retired part time since 1980 and full time since 1983 and I have never yet been totally caught up. My day is so full that for example I got up at 4 am this morning just to get a little ahead of the game.
The secret is planning your day and delegating to your wife, kids, and neighbors Then follow up and make sure they got everyting done
Best to you in this new phase of your life. I am sure you will do well. We love you and your gifts to all of us that you that you so willingly share. Love of labor. Good man Cees
Best to you and yours forever,
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online