SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41667 - 09/09/04 04:57 PM The Cycle ON/OFF button
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Inspiration and the Cycle Button

They say that artistic success is comprised of 90% perspiration and 10% Inspiration. This might be true but, for me, getting a good amount of inspiration as I try to arrange a song is probably the most difficult of the sequencing challenge.

Fortunately, the Technics Keyboards offer the Cycle ON/OFF button to work with which provides the following benefits in this area:

1. The Cycle can be set for a specific Beginning and Ending number of bars to play over and over again until stopped.
2. The Instrument Sound can be set for any of the Part Numbers.
3. Everything previously recorded in that passage also plays.
4. You can practice, or just play with different ideas with the current “recording” part over and over until you get a feel for how you want to play the instrument for a particular passage, whether the instrument is the “lead” or just some other add on sounds to give the passage depth.
5. You can change instruments quickly to see how a different instrument sounds in this passage.
6. Once you complete the “Practice Session” to your satisfaction you can set up the Recording setting and then Record the passage.

Do you have any other ways that you use the Cycle on/off button?

#41668 - 09/09/04 09:04 PM Re: The Cycle ON/OFF button
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Wow, something new again! I am totally unaware of the Cycle ON/OFF button and what it does. I guess I have never used it, and will have to research it further. Thanks for mentioning it, Larry. Any other information about it? Thanks.

Ted

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online