SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63857 - 03/13/04 09:37 AM songs or midi-song-help available?
Veltsu Offline

Loc: Finland
Hello Tech-zoners,

I`ve asked you yesterday for kn2600 songs, hopefully some of you can mail me those zipped (or links). I`m a novice when it comes to “really” playing a keyboard, so I like these “jukebox-features” at the moment. Now, I could use some MIDI-song help:

I`ve downloaded many new/oldie MIDI-songs from internet. How could I get the most of them? I mean, thru my laptop and kn2600 I can play them easily and also “moderate” them if I use NX-transfer instead of General Midi 2. While doing that I still have some problems saving to SD-card: My new settings aren´t saved (for example, if I set volume of part 1-12 to zero, they`re back at ~105 when I load song again).

NX and GM2. These aren`t much else than names for me, so could someone “translate” what the differences between these 2 are? Also help about using, moderating songs etc. ? Maybe some further tips from kn2600/other users?

I`ll appreciate your help !

#63858 - 03/14/04 03:37 PM Re: songs or midi-song-help available?
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
http://www.styles-music.com/ http://midishop.com/
only available in Europe, but you are european.
editionhage@t-online.de because website in German, MIDIs are cheaper.
If you want, I can explain the meaning of the German songs because some of them are international songs with German lyrics. Send me a mail about the songs you want, I will check them.

------------------
Regards
RF

#63859 - 03/14/04 05:50 PM Re: songs or midi-song-help available?
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi
You have some thoughts about the NX files compared with GM2 files. Well the NX files is a special mode which are used by Technics only. All sounds when you play for. ex. a KN7000 are NX. However, when you load MIDI files, Technics then play GM2 files with sounds from the GM2 soundmemory.

In my opinion, the NX sounds are more delightful than the GM sounds, and there´s more sounds to choose with the NX. So made a matter of habit that allways konvert GM2 sounds to NX and go in to the tracks and change the sounds and then save the file. You then have MIDI files in Technics mode (i.e. NX ) and your songs get a new dimension...

Lindoz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online