SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46479 - 01/25/04 03:17 PM Piano Mode
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
In response to Anthony Cain's posting, you are correct in thinking that I did not attempt to alter the default settings as I was in the shop and obviously didn't have the time but a friend has just sold his accoustic piano and bought a 604 and is absolutely delighted with it. The thing that amazes me is how quickly he has adjusted to the technology on the piano. In fact, he has shown me one or two things that I didn't know but then, as you all know, there are usually several routes you can take to achieve the same end result. Besides which, it keeps my brain (what's left of it) active.

Getting back to playing straight piano, for those of you new to the PR pianos, there is a facility on board known as 'ON BASS' which recognises any chord played using the base note as the root note, so as a pianist my 'C' would be CEG as opposed to a keyboard chord which is GCE. Therefore if you activate this 'ON BASS' facility, you can use the chords you have always used and the rhythms will almost always sound right.

Also, on my KN7000 you can play one or two single fingered notes in the lefthand in any chord you are playing provided you do not exceed three notes at a time. It does work most of the time but there are occasions when the piano is slow to re-act and it can then sound a bit odd. It's worth a try anyway.

Of course, the default piano mode is always the best so when I use this, if the music dictates it, I also use the Octave + and - to help me get the sound I am trying to achieve.

The main thing is to enjoy your instrument whatever it is.

Aud

#46480 - 01/26/04 05:34 AM Re: Piano Mode
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Audrey,

Can you give me a hint where I might find the On Bass feature? I have not found it on my PR54.

I always play my chords in root position even on keyboards so it would work for me if I can find it.

Heather

#46481 - 01/26/04 06:51 AM Re: Piano Mode
technicsplayer Offline

look on the apc mode page where you choose fingered or pianist, the bass will be based (good song title!) on the lowest note played, if you play left hand piano try it, you might like the result

#46482 - 01/26/04 03:20 PM Re: Piano Mode
Leo's Den Offline

Doesn't the Kn6000 have the On Bass feature as well?

#46483 - 01/26/04 03:53 PM Re: Piano Mode
technicsplayer Offline

yep!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online