SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46325 - 01/19/04 05:12 AM if not technics, what?
tracknet Offline

If it is clear that no more Technics...
People have a technics now, must go on,
But for people that haven't a technics now, what brand would get in your opinion?

Roland, Korg, Yamaha..., what would be more similar to Technics (in philosophy, sounds, styles...)

#46326 - 01/19/04 05:35 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tracknet:
.....what would be more similar to Technics..

Nothing are similiar to Technics, who is unique
The next option must be a second hand Technics
....or
what about give Ketron (and not to forget about
Wersi) a try?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#46327 - 01/19/04 05:37 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
They're all good, and I'll bet that the Technics share of the market is one of the smallest ...... although it's buyers are the most loyal I've even seen. It's not the product - it's the profit. The folks at Technics are finding out that the used car mentality of charging "whatever the market will bear" just doesn't fly anymore. Consumers are more educated these days, and in truth, the kn series didn't cost any more than the other high end kbs of the day. The dealers just CHARGED more. That's what hurt them, in my opinion. I bought a 7k used because of that very fact.

When competition is this stiff - the marketing scheme HAS to be up to date, or the product will go bye-bye. Like the Technics line, I suppose.
......and my Eagles.....sigh.

#46328 - 01/19/04 07:50 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
UD. You should add CUSTOMER SUPPORT, in the UK Technics gave poor customer support. A local dealer stated of his product range Yamaha gave best followed by Roland then Technics basically none. He only stocked Technics because the brand was asked for.

Technote an independent company not part of Technics runs a good customer membership magazine support.

Graham UK.

#46329 - 01/19/04 11:29 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Since hearing that Technics are no more, and presuming their instruments don't appear under new ownership. I've spent the last few days pondering over what instrument could replace the KN7000.

After listening to demo files of the well known brands, one instrument has really stood out for me and that is the Wersi Abacus and probably the New Ikarus by Wersi will be even better.

I would highly recommend any members to check out Wersi Keyboards / instruments.

Kind regards

Peter

#46330 - 01/19/04 11:55 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
But is it any hurry to replace the KN7000 at the moment?
It's a very very good machine!
When that day come, there are maybe other breaking new
in the keyboardworld?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#46331 - 01/19/04 05:29 PM Re: if not technics, what?
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
I received an e-mail from the person I sold my KN-1000 to approx. ten years ago. He said he has played out with it twice every week since then, plus lots of practise and playing at home, and not one part of it has ever failed him. If everything we purchase
these days, lasted the same, maybe many merchants plus companies, would need to close down like Technics. Perhaps you can
manufacture something to good for your own good. Who knows---we all like to analize
a failing like this, but none of us really
have a handle on what actually happened, but it is fun to stick our oar into the water and take a sweet guess. ARJ

#46332 - 01/20/04 12:59 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Mike ORegan Offline

The Wersi Abacus sounds great, but have you ever tried to lift one? If you are a gigging player then you would need a couple of strong roadies to carry your "portable" keyboard. And another thing - Wersi upgrades have to be paid for in spite of the considerable outlay for the keyboard itself. One thing puzzles me on the general keyboard scene: Why has no manufacturer made use of the BOSE Acoustic Wave system as speakers in their instruments? I, for one, would be very interested. Finally, why do so-called "professional" work-stations often lack speakers of any kind?
Mike O'R

#46333 - 01/20/04 01:17 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
The new Wersi keyboard (Ikarus) weighs in at just 21Kg considerably lighter than the Abacus, it has an aluminium frame intead of steel.

Kind regards

Peter

#46334 - 01/20/04 01:34 AM Re: if not technics, what?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
Why do so-called "professional" work-stations often lack speakers of any kind?
Mike O'R

Mike, it is simply because keyboards in a live band situation require external amplification and onboard speakers would not be enough. Because onboard speakers make people think of home keyboards it is thought that leaving them off makes a keyboard look more professional. While the first reason I gave is valid the second isn't. Personally I like to be able to play a keyboard without having to set up an amp at home so I think having onboard speakers is a plus. I used a Yamaha PSR-550 with a band at a number of gigs running it into an amp but at home I just use it with its onboard speaker system.

Onboard speakers are very cool !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online