SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56605 - 01/03/04 11:02 AM Change sounds in Midi file
racka11 Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Dear friends!

I own KN 3000 and I have a problem. I try to change a sounds in midi tracks (Sound edit...Part setings). But when I put Measure to point 1, or when I try to save this file with repair sounds, the keyboard saved the original version without any changes. Any Idea?

Thanks from Racka11

#56606 - 01/05/04 07:24 AM Re: Change sounds in Midi file
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Racka11

I can't help because I would like the answer to that one as well for my PR54.

I've even tried to set a track to Punch-In Record and change the instrument setting to the new one and punch in one note and it still saves the original instrument sound.

Heather

#56607 - 01/05/04 07:27 AM Re: Change sounds in Midi file
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I always do that with Cakewalk program where it is quick and easy and then resave it to the floppy and then to the KN3000 hard drive.
Bebop

#56608 - 01/05/04 01:06 PM Re: Change sounds in Midi file
racka11 Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Dear friend!

I found the solution. The problem was in Program change mode: From GM to GS. In any software you used, in track properties change sound of track from GM into GS. Now you got numbers front of sounds. In options - select all effects to view (sound, track, pan, reverb, volume...) now you can add any change and effects in track and saved normaly!
Please notify me if you win!

Best regards from Slovenia EU!
[/B][/QUOTE]

#56609 - 01/06/04 05:18 AM Re: Change sounds in Midi file
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Bill,

Yes, I can do that in Power Tracks as well but I'd like to do it using the built in mixer.

I put a midi disk together of some 60 oldies some of which are really good but they don't have melody tracks. I load them, record a melody track and then I like to play with it to find an instrument that I really like. But I can't save it without taking in to the computer and using Power Tracks to set the instrument.

Heather

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online