SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43545 - 12/04/03 05:58 AM KN7000 SD card tool by Thomas Konig
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
I have made several attempts to install this utility on my computer with total failure. Cees offered suggestions,via E mail as did Mr Konig, but still no results. I have a desktop running WINME and a laptop w/ XP. Would appreciate any help. Can't read German. RJ

#43546 - 12/05/03 05:39 AM Re: KN7000 SD card tool by Thomas Konig
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
I have not seen answers to your questions so this might be a repeat of solutions but here goe's anyway.
Make sure that you are NOT connecting thru a hub.(a device that multiplys USB connections).
Be sure to disconnect the card reader before removing program. This will clear completely the software from your computer.
Make sure your hard drive has at least 30MB free disk space. Do not use a cable extender for the reader (It will not work)
Make sure that you disable anti-virus program and any other programs that are running. They will interfere with the downloading of Jukebox.
I hope you will be able to install now without a problem.
Good Luck, Lloyd

------------------

#43547 - 12/05/03 06:53 AM Re: KN7000 SD card tool by Thomas Konig
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Lloyd, thanks for the info. Have followed your instructions to the letter, but still batting zero. A message continues to say " failed to load control "MM control " from mci32.ocx. Your version of mci32.ocx may be outdated ". Do not understand a word of what comes up though and just keep clicking "yes". Maybe that is where I go wrong.

#43548 - 12/05/03 11:38 AM Re: KN7000 SD card tool by Thomas Konig
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi RJB
I've previously installed it on both Windows Me and a laptop with XP home edition without any problem. Make sure the file mci32.ocx is in the same folder as the SD card application file. The file version of mci32.ocx on my system is 6.0.84.18.
I think Lloyd was referring to the Song Manager & Juke Box software rather than Thomas Konig's SD card tool
John

#43549 - 12/08/03 04:59 AM Re: KN7000 SD card tool by Thomas Konig
MarkW Offline

It would seem that the program requires a particular version of mci32.ocx, but this has perhaps not been included in the files that get installed when you install the pragram. A Google search revealed that the version of the file mentioned by John North can be downloaded from this location:
http://www.cricksoft.com/support/getfile.asp?ID=DLD17

Hope this help! :-)
Mark

#43550 - 12/09/03 05:46 AM Re: KN7000 SD card tool by Thomas Konig
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I once had the same problem of not being ablt to load the SDCard Tool, and if I remember correctly, I removed mci32.ocx from the SD Card File folder.

After removing mci32.ocx (not deleting mci32.ocx, just move it outside the folder) it then loaded. Don't know why, but it worked for me.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online