SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58081 - 10/25/03 06:39 AM File transfer
paulinekn6500 Offline

Loc: Cathedral City CA USA
I received the famous 7000 4days ago,it is difficult to find time to sleep or work.....
Is there an easy way of transferring my files from the 65000 hard drive to the 7000??????
Merci, Pauline

#58082 - 10/25/03 12:07 PM Re: File transfer
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Bonjour Pauline
Congratulations on your new keyboard.
Everyone will have a different view, but without buying Tech Manager 7001, I found that the slowest way suited me best. After loading a few favourites to see me through my first gig, I then loaded one at a time and tweaked any settings before moving to the next one. Very slow, I know, but It's surprising how your song library soon builds up and you know they have been tested before playing to an audience.
Good luck with whatever method you choose
John

#58083 - 10/25/03 02:08 PM Re: File transfer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by paulinekn6500:
I received the famous 7000 4days ago,it is difficult to find time to sleep or work.....
Is there an easy way of transferring my files from the 65000 hard drive to the 7000??????
Merci, Pauline

HI PAULINE,
Congratulations on the purchase of your kn7000. I am happy for you and I know you will be too as soon as you figure out how to use it. It is a bit intimidating at first but once you have all the tools if flows like water.
I sent a responce via email to your question above and assume you received it. I am sure there are many here that will add to what I shared with you.
Best to you,
Bebop

#58084 - 10/25/03 10:41 PM Re: File transfer
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Pauline,

When I changed to the 7000 I had this problem. The way I did it was to load my 6500 data and then save to a new floppy. I then used the Tools menu on the SD card and copied the new floppy to the SD card. This way you can do 20 songs at a time.

Actually, it was a good move because it enabled me to reorganise and rename my work for various 'gigs' etc. before saving to the SD card after which, you can then make up your own 'Favourites' and 'Playlists'

Hope this helps.

Aud

#58085 - 10/26/03 01:25 AM Re: File transfer
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by John North:
Bonjour Pauline
Congratulations on your new keyboard.
Everyone will have a different view, but without buying Tech Manager 7001, I found that the slowest way suited me best. After loading a few favourites to see me through my first gig, I then loaded one at a time and tweaked any settings before moving to the next one. Very slow, I know, but It's surprising how your song library soon builds up and you know they have been tested before playing to an audience.
Good luck with whatever method you choose
John

Hi John
I am intrigued to find out how by buying techmanager 7001 it helps to get the files off a KN6500 hard drive

#58086 - 10/26/03 01:33 AM Re: File transfer
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI PAULINE,
Congratulations on the purchase of your kn7000. I am happy for you and I know you will be too as soon as you figure out how to use it. It is a bit intimidating at first but once you have all the tools if flows like water.
I sent a responce via email to your question above and assume you received it. I am sure there are many here that will add to what I shared with you.
Best to you,
Bebop

I see you offer your expert advice in a private mail, but the rest of us aren't allowed to see it.... I wonder why?

#58087 - 10/26/03 02:07 AM Re: File transfer
John North Offline

Hi Johnny.
I can't speak from personal experience and anyway I'm too mean to buy anything if I can do it for free but you will find some answers about Tech Manager at:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001169.html

John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 10-26-2003).]

#58088 - 10/26/03 03:27 AM Re: File transfer
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hello (same in any language isn't it) Pauline...
When you've finally finished transferring all those style files to your new machine have a look at all the extra ones available for you to download and use on Bill Norrie's web site http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html
I had to transfer all these, one style file at a time, from my KN920 via Kn5000 set up and then load them into my new KN7000 before letting Bill pop them onto his web site - enjoy your playing...
Roger M
Incidentally if you are transferring songs where you have used standard rhythms in the Kn6500 presumably you have to save those settings to composer before you can move them across to your KN7000???

#58089 - 10/26/03 06:59 AM Re: File transfer
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by John North:
Hi Johnny.
I can't speak from personal experience and anyway I'm too mean to buy anything if I can do it for free but you will find some answers about Tech Manager at:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001169.html
John
.]

Hi John
What I meant was the way I see it is you still have to get all the files off the hard drive on to disks, so all the Techmanager 7000 does is copy the disk to the SD card. Surely the big job is getting the files on the disks from the 6500 and then you can load them anyway or do as I did and copy them to the SD card in the 7000 a disk at a time in one go.

#58090 - 10/26/03 10:15 AM Re: File transfer
John North Offline

Hi Johnnie
As I said, I cant speak from experience but if you have previous backup HDD files, they can be converted. Information from the keysoftservice site states:

In cooperation with Technics we programmed a Freeware Software called MBDC to load all versions of previous HDD backup files (from HD-MEC2000, HD-HSO3000 (KN3500), HD-AE5000 and HD-SX6). Than the data structure will be converted an stored to a SD card (128MB or bigger).

• Read/Load backup data file (created from TechEditor Light, TechEditor96, HD-TechManger5000 or HD-TechManager6000)
• Edit data base (Load option, select all/single, select convert option)
• Generate new database file and store the file to the SD card

I'm still on the slow train and I back up my SD cards every week
John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online