SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46580 - 09/23/03 04:06 PM SD Transmission
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Question for Bruno?

Hi! I was interested to read about you saving your mini disk recordings to SD card as I also have quite a few recordings, setups etc., on mini disk and would very much like to save them to SD. May I ask how you do this?

Look forward to your reply.

Aud

#46581 - 09/23/03 06:43 PM Re: SD Transmission
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Audrey, How do you use your mini disk player? 1 to 10 songs per night? Are you playing professionaly? Do you use the mini desk for backround most of the time?

I feel it's important to establish how you will use the songs you now have recorded on your mini disk.

For me, I feel it's a great idea. But only up to 15 songs, no more. They do take a great deal of memory. It does save me from carrying an additional piece of equipment. I do not use it for background music, just for songs I feel I do no justice to.

There mqny musicians who use the computer, CD's, or the mini disk players for many or all of their backgrounds. In that case, I feel that KN7 is not the way to go. It would not be as afective as the other methods.

Now if you still want the recording to SD card information, I must go back and review.
It has been a while since I went through the recording steps.

"Getting the most from your KN 7000", book is a must if you are going to get into the many features that the K7 offers. It witten by Alec Pagida, and can be bought at Technote. www.technote.com
The phone number here in the USA is
1 800 580-4050

I am sure that you will get many anwsers to your question on this forum, there are many people here who have a good amount knowledge dealing with the KN7 and SD card.

If you want my help, please let me know, I'll go back to my book.

You will need JUKEBOX, it has the SZ-CB7 card reader kit to record and transfer.
Again, I feel the book is a must for this and the many others questions that will arise.

Good Luck, John C.

#46582 - 10/02/03 04:19 PM Re: SD Transmission
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi John,

Thank you for replying to my question. I already have Alec's book and whilst most of the time it is helpful, I do find the section on the SD card a little confusing. Lucky for me my KN7000 came with all the necessary software and card reader to use it to it's full potential, however most of the time whilst I can get the info onto the PC but it's in the 'Read Only' mode and to date I have been unsuccessful in getting any recordings to play through the Jukebox. It is more than likely I am not doing something right and it isn't helped by the fact that I recently bought a new PC with USB connections for use with my keyboard and two weeks later it was 'bugged' and frankly, although my dealer cleared it, I don't think it is working as it should - I'll have to get it checked out again.

Meanwhile, I have my Mini Disk recorder set up alongside a tape recorder playing through an amplifier and connected directly to a small sound box and my KN7000. When I switch on the KN all the equipment is activated , which means I am recording permanently. I then listen to these recordings whilst doing the chores and delete the tracks that I think are rubbish. I also have a PC keyboard connected to the Mini Disk recorder which means I am able to type in titles of each track (a great help I can tell you). This is how I have accumulated so many recorded mini disks and why I would like to get them on to the SD card if it's at all possible?

If not, I am seriously considering buying a stand alone CD recorder. There are now three very good makes on the market one of which has been demonstrated at our Keyboard Club. It was able to record and re-record using the CD-RWR Audio CDs. I hasten to add that they must be AUDIO CDs. It seemed a lot less hassle than using the PC and the finished recording was 'faultless'

Thanks again for your trouble.

Aud

W

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online