SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62723 - 07/30/03 11:32 PM Frank Bez - Latin Moods
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Frank - I am taking you up on your suggestion.

I wrote to Frank to thank him for his Latin Rhythms/Sounds and told him that I would certainly make use of them. Like the gentleman he is he replied to me as below.
QUOTE" It will be a blast to hear what you do to build on some of my efforts. I think it might be fun to develop your idea and share it with the zoners. Since I'm such a poor player, it would be wonderful to hear what a skilled player could do with my arrangement and sound ideas. I think you are on to something that we should pursue.
My best wishes,
Frank

I know there are others already using them. Let Frank hear them - I know he will appreciate it and if you want to share your efforts with the rest of us then that would be a bonus.

Joan

#62724 - 08/15/03 11:07 AM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Is there anybody out there!

Well true to my word, I am sending to Bebop 4 of Franks' Latin arrangements.

I was hoping to see some songs from some of the more proficient players, Frank has made some beautiful Interludes and Solos that are a pleasure to use and listen to.

Joan

#62725 - 08/15/03 02:56 PM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi Joan,
Yes, I'm out here!
Only problem is that I've been "out there" under the house digging and doing some cement work. Not that I like to do that but somebody has to do it. Much rather be working with the keyboard.
I'll get back to you as soon as I get a chance to give a listen to your latest latins.
Don't let Frank fool you - he's an excellent artist. In fact, it was one of Frank Bez's recorded songs that I listened to some years ago that got me hooked on trying a keyboard instead of the organ. I couldn't believe the sounds and rhythms that I heard for the first time when I listened to him play. I just had to learn how to do that!
So Frank, it's OK to be modest but take your accolades when they're due you.
(I'll have to see if I can find the name of that first recording that so inspired me. If I can, I'll post it).
So, Joan and Frank,
The Best to both of you, and keep up the good work.
Walt

#62726 - 08/15/03 10:36 PM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Joan,
I agree with Walt.
When I received Frank's arrangements I knew they should be good and indeed they are. It does honor Frank's modesty, but even with his so called 'one finger' technique, he is a very well player and composer if one listen to his latest (and earlier) beautiful creations. But your idea is good and much gratitude to Frank for his beautifull arrangements we all can use.
And Walt, be careful on your golden fingers by working with that cement down under
Cees

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 08-15-2003).]

#62727 - 08/15/03 11:45 PM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I'm out here, too, Joan. Yes, Frank's arrangements are excellent, and I'm currently trying to do justice to 'The Way You Look Tonight'. Thanks, Frank - it even sounds good when I play it with your panel memory settings. And there's some great sound memory settings here.

Regards,
Mike

#62728 - 08/16/03 06:28 AM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Joan,

I just finished listening to your four songs using Frank Bez's styles. They were all excellent and you did Frank proud.

I also want to thank Frank for I used his Rhumba style and backgrounds in one of my songs that I sent to Bill a few weeks ago.

As for Frank playing so poorly. We should all play so poorly.

Keep sending in your songs and that goes for all our forum members.
Bill Forrest is starting to have to much free time. He loves to keep busy.
"Did I say the right thing Bill".

The best
Alex

#62729 - 08/16/03 06:46 AM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Alex,
If Bill has any extra time he can just run over from California to New Mexico and join me under the house. Bring your cement tools along Bill!
See Ya,
Walt

#62730 - 08/16/03 09:39 AM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
WOW ! Joan these songs are terrific. It’s a strange feeling to hear sounds that I’m so familiar with played in a new way. It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I’ve always been partial to “Taste Of Honey”. Your use of the Pads and the way you move the melody up and down by an octave is just delicious. THANK YOU, what a treat.
Walt, my ears are red due to your comments, but it’s great to know I had a small part in introducing you to the fun of keyboard playing. I’m not sure how to help with the cement work, but I’ll give it some thought. With regard to playing skills, I just have to mention Larry, Alex, John, Bill and many more to rest my case.
I think Joan has come up with interesting way to exchange ideas and I hope we can find a way to continue.
Frank

#62731 - 08/16/03 01:37 PM Re: Frank Bez - Latin Moods
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Joan, Keep those great tunes coming in. YOu are filling up your own folder in my 1st sd card.
Yes Alex, you did say the right thing. It is so slow on my computer that I am actually playing the KN7000 for the first time in three weeks.
Hey Walt, The last time a guy invited me over to help build a patio behind his house, Rocky dog and I jumped into the motorhome and drove to Nashville and parked in his driveway for three plus weeks and Jann flew in for the last week. He not only taught me how to carpenter, I taught him how to play a one finger arranger keyboard, cause he was a one finger "dog house" bass player for Waylon Jennings. We did some recording, had breakfasts and lunches with some names you know, and jammed a ton of music, but we did get a 40 x 35 foot raised deck patio built in his 5 acre back lawn.
Now for Frank Bez. I hate to be a tattle tale but I have had the pleaure of climbing up Franks Mountain above the beautiful beach to his fantastic home in the clouds and just sitting in his music studio aaaahin and oooohing. We have heard Frank play many times and he is kidding you folks. He plays some kinda fine stuff. My wife Jann keeps asking me when I am going to learn to play like Frank. Well, for awhile I told her when I got a Kn7000 I probably could. Well now she SEZ, "hey you got the Kn7000 when you gonna play like FRANK"?
Maybe when I get the KN8000?
Best to you all
Bill the Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online