SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40379 - 07/31/03 12:52 PM KEEP YOUR EMAIL BOXES EMPTY IF YOU WANT SONGS
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL BEBOP EMAIL LIST MEMBERS,
The good news is that we are getting a lot of great songs from many of our members.
The bad news is that a lot of them I send out are being returned. I no longer have time to send them to you again and again plus the return time again and again.
I will not be re-sending any songs that are undeliverable because your mail box is full.
Once I have had three emails returned you will be dropped from the email list, until such time as you make a new application to join. I am sorry to say there are so many members now that I no longer am familiar with everyone's name, nick and address or instrument played. I have to stop and look most everybody up now.
Please make it a little easier on this old dude. This is a love of labor, so don't let the love light go out.
Remember that the emails lists are not part of the Technics or Synthzone forums. They are just my little hobby. It is only co-incidence that I am also moderator of this forum, thanks to Nigel the BOSS
Best to everyone, I love you all
Bebop

#40380 - 08/04/03 09:22 PM Re: KEEP YOUR EMAIL BOXES EMPTY IF YOU WANT SONGS
BEBOP Offline

HI ALL,
4 names and addresses have been removed from the email lists this last week as a result of multiple returns marked undeliverable.
That is why this post was put up.
Sorry
Bebop

#40381 - 08/05/03 03:11 AM Re: KEEP YOUR EMAIL BOXES EMPTY IF YOU WANT SONGS
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just a thought Bill - some of your emails may be returned, not because of a full email 'Inbox' but due to Spam rejecting programs on the receiving computers. Depending on how the program is configured, it may reject emails which do not contain the actual email address of the receiver. I use 'MailWasher', which automatically marks 'not to me' emails, for bouncing. Your KN file emails of course do not contain specific addresses and unless they are manually marked as 'Friend' using options within the program they could be treated as Spam and therefore bounced.
I realise that it would not be practical for you to send to individual addressees, so it is up to others, if using Spam Rejection to make sure that their program is correctly configured, if they wish to receive the KN files.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40382 - 08/05/03 10:35 AM Re: KEEP YOUR EMAIL BOXES EMPTY IF YOU WANT SONGS
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Bebop,
Willum has a very good point there. He has tried to Email me several times without success. The problem is that my ISP absolutely blocks everything from his ISP (Freeserve) because Freeserve is known to allow unrestricted spamming and my ISP will not deal with it.
Our only answer was to have me take out an Email address at Yahoo, so Willum uses that address to contact me.
I imagine that there are many other resons why a message may not go through -- getting to be a nasty problem coused by the spammers.
Right now there does not appear to be a solution.
Regards,
Walt

#40383 - 08/05/03 11:17 AM Re: KEEP YOUR EMAIL BOXES EMPTY IF YOU WANT SONGS
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Bebop
You could e-mail those 4 addresses without sending any attachment to see if they get through
John

#40384 - 08/05/03 12:43 PM Re: KEEP YOUR EMAIL BOXES EMPTY IF YOU WANT SONGS
BEBOP Offline

HI Guys,
Thanks for your replys. It is my experience that those that hold free isp's only get from 200k to 1mg of mailbox space. When it is full the senders get a 550 return. It is always the same people and it takes up a lot of my time that is becoming more limited all the time as new members sign up.
When their box is empty then there is no problem. Once is a great while a filter will look at a subject line and say "OH NO, not this one". Because I know this I try to be very careful about subject lines. I often change yours so it will get thru those filters. Yes the problem is too much spam that fills up free mailbox's too fast.
Incidently those 4 mail box's are working fine today. I will add them back now but I have a record of them and eventually they may be permanently deleted due to necessisity.
Thanks for your help
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online