SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49601 - 07/28/03 09:21 AM New Songs 4 The KN7000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Dear Friends,

I’d like to say THANK YOU, to all the players who have sent out songs. And, a special thanks to Bebop, who must be pooped after handling all that traffic.

My local friends have been on my case to record another easy listening CD. I think they like my music because it doesn’t interfere with their conversation, so they can go about their business without having to listen too hard. I think I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been inspired by the Diana Krall recordings, especially “Look Of Love” in which she collaborated with Claus Ogerman. They have taken great American standards and put them in a Latin setting.

The twelve songs that Bebop will be sending out are all standard classics, like “Dancing In The Dark”, “Too Marvelous For Words” and “S Wonderful”. I’ve tried to arrange all the songs as if they were played by the same group of musicians; a Latin Combo, Flute, Sax, Guitar and Trumpet soloists, with Strings and Singers. Even the few factory styles used have been edited to get the same musical sound. You will find many new styles and solos. Quite a few of the solos are in minor keys. I thought that this would add to the Latin flavor, since all the American tunes are written in major keys. I paid careful attention to the levels in the mix so that all the parts could be heard, even when played at a low level to accommodate the conversationalists.

In preparing the backings in the Composer I’ve found it useful to extend the usual four measures in a Variation to eight. Then by adding a counter melody starting at the third measure it helps to avoid the mechanical nature of many of the patterns we have in our instruments. The second variation generally seems to be a good place to do this. Check out the #2 Variation of “I Concentrate On You” to see what I mean.

We’ve started to have some talk about Sound Editing, so I’d like to call your attention the Sound Memory on these songs. There are 40 there for you to play with. I think the more successful ones are: Deep Rich Strings, Nice Old Electric Piano, Frank’s Horn, Big Stereo Choir and Slow String Sweep. Check them out and let us know how you can improve them.

As always I’d be pleased to hear from you with your suggestions. If for some reason you are not on Bebops KN7000 list, drop me a note and I’ll zip you the songs.

Frank
frankbez@aol.com

#49602 - 07/28/03 11:17 AM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Frank, as always, your top drawer.

Grandpa Doug

#49603 - 07/28/03 12:35 PM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Frank - have listened to 5 of them so far and they are Excellent. Like having both an extra Rhythm section and extra Sound section. I Love them.

Will certainly make good use of them. Joan

#49604 - 07/28/03 04:00 PM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Frank,

You are the tops in your class. Perfect arangements for easy listening romantic music. Some may call it elevator music....if so I am on the top floor when I hear it. Hope the OBI's are sharing your perfect renditions on the organ.

your friend,

Fran in Florida

#49605 - 07/28/03 04:25 PM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Frank,

Great job as usual. I liked them all. My favorites being How you look tonight, To Marvelous For Words and I Remember You.

Happy to have you back recording.
Alex

#49606 - 07/29/03 09:43 PM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
Cat509_98 Offline

Frank,
Sounds like a great bunch of songs! I'm going to e-mail bebop and see if he will add me to his list and send me your songs and any archives he might have. My dad bought a kn7000 keyboard last year and loves it. I'm trying to find other music and styles via the internet that he can play (he doesn't have a computer or internet access). Your songs sound like something he would love to play!
Cathy

#49607 - 07/30/03 07:54 AM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI CATHY,
Welcome to you and your dad to our forum. I hope you will make this your musical home. Here you can usually get all your questions about music, your keyboards, The meaning of life, etc all answered by somebody. We have many true experts posting here, as well.
Watch your email. I will add you to the KN7000 email list and send you out Franks latest releases very soon as I have to forward them to some other late comers too, as soon as I verify their postings in the Technics forum.
Thank you for joining our forum and mail lists. Best to you and your Dad.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat509_98:
Frank,
Sounds like a great bunch of songs! I'm going to e-mail bebop and see if he will add me to his list and send me your songs and any archives he might have. My dad bought a kn7000 keyboard last year and loves it. I'm trying to find other music and styles via the internet that he can play (he doesn't have a computer or internet access). Your songs sound like something he would love to play!
Cathy

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#49608 - 07/30/03 04:22 PM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Frank, thanks so much for sharing your music again. As always, they were great. Beautiful sounds and very relaxing music!

Glad you're feeling better and getting back to music. I'm sure you will be getting more energy as the days go by.

Marilyn

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 07-30-2003).]

#49609 - 07/30/03 10:15 PM Re: New Songs 4 The KN7000
Cat509_98 Offline

Thanks for the welcome Bebop! I'm sure Dad and I will enjoy being members of this forum and your mailing list. Meaning of life hmm. Don't say that because we may just ask that question sometime.
Cathy
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI CATHY,
Welcome to you and your dad to our forum. I hope you will make this your musical home. Here you can usually get all your questions about music, your keyboards, The meaning of life, etc all answered by somebody. We have many true experts posting here, as well.
Watch your email. I will add you to the KN7000 email list and send you out Franks latest releases very soon as I have to forward them to some other late comers too, as soon as I verify their postings in the Technics forum.
Thank you for joining our forum and mail lists. Best to you and your Dad.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online