SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#49106 - 06/15/03 02:48 PM wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We are still growing and fast too. I am getting requests almost everyday from people that want to join my email list and this forum. Thanks to all of you that send in referrals. I follow up on all of them.
We may never catch up with the General Arranger forum that has 40,000 posts but we only have one keyboard and they have all the rest.
Besides that our people only post when they have something really intelligent to share
We have come a long way in just a couple years. Keep on keeping on. You are doing great
THANK YOU NIGEL for providing this wonderful forum for us. THANK YOU MEMBERS for being a part of this big and great wonderful family.
Best to all
Bebop

#49107 - 06/15/03 03:54 PM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Success starts at the top
Nigel and Bill deserve much of the credit, and the involement of the members help make it what it is.

Thanks to everyone...10,000 is something to brag about..

Check out the topic "Time Machine" to see how far the Synth Zone/Technics has grown.
Amazing

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49108 - 06/15/03 03:59 PM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bebop
I certainly agree with all you say,and,would like to add that we are not plagued with advertising every time we want to read a post. This brings me to Nigel. Please pardon my ignorance,but,I and I will bet,many others don,t know enough about the hierarchy of a forum to properly appreciate Nigel.

Thank you Nigel and Bebop for a great forum.

Bernie

#49109 - 06/15/03 07:09 PM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bebop, Nigel, I start and end the day with this forum. You have both created something very special. Thank you, John C

#49110 - 06/15/03 09:43 PM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Bebop
Like John C - I too access the forum early morning (is 05.23 early enough!) and late evening and cannot imagine how you find the time and enthusiam to put in the tremendous effort that it must take on your part.

Yesterday, for instance, there were three subjects that informed/helped me with little 'niggles' that I had wondered about. I started my day thinking "this is great"

When I have read you thanking Nigel I have wondered about this. To that end, in common with Bernie9, I would also appreciate hearing about the heirarchy of a forum and as it seems my thanks are well overdue to Nigel then may I take this opportunity to send them to him now. Thanks very much Nigel - this forum is very very much appreciated. Joan

#49111 - 06/15/03 11:15 PM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks for all your support and also for the great discussion that you all contributed to on this forum. When BEBOP first contacted me to see if would be OK to bring a large number of Technics users to the Technics Forum here at Synth Zone, I agreed but also requested he moderate the forum to give it a positive direction. He, fortunately for us all, agreed and has continued to be a great anchor for Technics users on the forum and also through his email list and provides a huge amount of time and energy which we are all very grateful for. Thank you BEBOP !!!!

This Synth Zone BBS started back in 1998 although Synth Zone began back in 1995. I bought the BBS software in 1998 and installed it on a server I lease monthly to host Synth Zone. While it is not a cheap alternative it avoids being shut down by hosting providers who tend to freak out about the number of visitors to the website. I deal with any technical problems that crop up from time to time, and also with requests for help from the many users of forums that Synth Zone provides in addition to the Technics Forum. I also monitor all forums for spam and for threads that I think have overstepped the bounds for a public discussion and will close or delete them if absolutely necessary. This is why the Synth Zone forums haven't deteriorated like many others on the Internet. Oh yeah, I do continue to maintain Synth Zone which is a big job in itself apart from the BBS forums.

The number of posts shown on the main forum front page only shows what is currently available. In the case of the General Arranger Forum the real count is probably many 1000s more than shown but I do delete completely outdated postings from time to time. I am concerned that large forums will either begin to slow down too much or ( heaven forbid ) break the software limitations and stop working completely. So I do delete any postings from 2-3 years ago that I think have no value anymore to try and keep forums as streamlined as possible.

Keep up the great community spirit here on the Technics Forum.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-16-2003).]

#49112 - 06/16/03 12:35 AM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Thanks to Nigel and Bill!
Congratulations with this new milestone in SZ-history. I think I (almost) know all the work Bill is doing every day. For me the role Nigel is doing is for me a little on the background. It's clarifying to read Nigel's post for this. There's more I don't know about your's energy and (spare)time you both invest in SZ, than I should know (in other words: for most of us it's behind the curtains what you invest every day).
So, again, thank you very, very much Bill and Nigel. Cheers to the 10.000 on this great forum ...
Kind greetings,
Cees.

#49113 - 06/16/03 06:05 AM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
A big thanks to Nigel for providing the Synth Zone but also a big thanks goes to Bill Forrest who years ago was instrumental in bringing life to this forum.

Before Bill this forum was a dead sea. His tremendous efforts in getting new members helped make this forum the huge success it is today.
Bill continues to be the heart and soul of this forum.

My hat goes off to both Bill and Nigel.

Long may the Technics forum live.

ALEX

#49114 - 06/16/03 07:18 AM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
In situations such as this 'thank you' hardly seems adequate ... but since we don't have any words that are more than adequate I will echo what has been said "THANK YOU NIGEL and bebop !!!" .....
t.

#49115 - 06/17/03 08:30 AM Re: wow, over 10,000 posts to this forum already
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you friends for all your good words here.
Thank you To NIGEL for your post and bringing our new members up to date about the fact that you are the nearly silent founder, owner, administrator and payor of this great forum and the entire synthzone.
Nigel did not tell us but he is also a keyboard and a guitar player and has a band, is a programer, does Chevy's as a hobby and although I don't know where he finds the time, he also has a wife.
My kind of guy.
Thank you Nigle, You are appreciated and have great respect from everyone in this forum as well as the entire SynthZone, that is world wide. Australia really lost when we got you and your wife Nigel lives down in Southern California, (just another beach bum
Thank you from all of us.
Bill

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online