SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39910 - 06/06/03 06:30 AM To: John Cintorino
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
John,
I've been busy with things other than music for the past few weeks so I missed completely your first song submission. Therefore, I apologize for not acknowledging your work before now. Why others have not gotten back to you, I don't know, because your style of playing is terrific - very upbeat and inspiring.
I really like the punched up drums and bass for dance purposes. I play both dinner music and dance music and I agree that for dance the rythym should be punched up, and I don't necessarily mean louder.
I like what you have done and certainly would like to learn more about just how you went about getting the results that you have.
I for one would truly appreciate a tutorial on user drum kits, user basses, and the use of the sound arranger. These are areas that I have yet to explore on the KN7000.
Regards,
Walt
ps: Another area of interest, at least to me, would be a tutorial on performance pad editing and generation.
WM

#39911 - 06/06/03 07:37 AM Re: To: John Cintorino
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I sure do second this.
C'mon John, you promised if there was any interest. I am sure there will be a lot of interest. Many people can play well but few know how to peek and tweek, so let's do it and thank you to you for it.
Best to all
Bebop

#39912 - 06/10/03 03:59 PM Re: To: John Cintorino
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Hi John, I finally got a chance to listen to your songs. Very interesting how you were able to punch up the drums. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know much about drums, so not sure about the user drum set...how it works that is.

I have one style that was a Roland favorite of mine, an 8 beat. It has one percussion sound it makes about every forth message, my husband calls it the 'rattlesnake sound'. It's is pretty noticable in the original form when I've played it on my Roland keyboards. When I convert it to Technics, the 'rattlesnake sound' is very hard to hear, quite soft. I don't really know which percussion instrument it is, I also don't now how to tweak that one sound. I have tried to change drum kits in the composer, but that has only helped a tiny bit. Do you have any ideas on that, where I'd go to get that one sound to be louder or more pronounced?

Marilyn

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 06-10-2003).]

#39913 - 06/10/03 05:06 PM Re: To: John Cintorino
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Marilyn, If you email me the style, I'll see what I can do for you......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#39914 - 06/12/03 06:13 AM Re: To: John Cintorino
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Thanks Bill, an email is on the way.

Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Marilyn, If you email me the style, I'll see what I can do for you......

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online