SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63809 - 05/29/03 08:06 AM Using Pictures
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi forumfriends,
recently I received some questions about how to use pictures in a particular song. Sometime ago I made the KERS-promo. I have written down my experiences how I handled the pictures to get them in the sequencer. I called this procedure 'How can I use Pictures in my song and show them on display'. Any feedback to possible mistakes or improving are welcome.
If you are interested in that procedure you can find it on the KERS-page, via the button INFO-PAGE.
The summer is starting, so KN7000-display, here the sunny pictures comes !
Kind regards and enjoy 'picturing',
Cees
P.S. the KERSPAGE is on: http://home.hccnet.nl/cees.els

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 05-29-2003).]

#63810 - 05/29/03 11:41 AM Re: Using Pictures
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Nice Job Cees, it is a very handy guide

My software allows me to save as:
JPEG (*.JPG,*.JPE)which is a little confusing.

I also noticed that you stated "Be aware that the interval between the pictures to be load is not too short" This could be my problem...About how many measures would be needed between pics ?

Thanks again for your service
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#63811 - 05/29/03 12:32 PM Re: Using Pictures
technicsplayer Offline

measures are related to tempo, so number of measures cannot be a guide without taking tempo into account. If you have watched the intro to the 'Alive Alive O' book demo this gives an example of fast picture change synced to the 'one, two..' count intro, at around the fastest that is achievable.

Basically the minimum time will be limited by the lcd refresh rate.

If you're still having problems if you like I'll have a look to sort it.

#63812 - 05/29/03 04:19 PM Re: Using Pictures
lahawk Offline

Alec, Cees and all others who want to experimint with my Picture/Sequence Problem,
I have posted a temporary site where the pictures and song I want to sequence are located. Thank You All !
http://www.geocities.com/hawk1866/KN7000PICHELP.html

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#63813 - 05/29/03 11:27 PM Re: Using Pictures
cees Offline

Hi Larry,
I have 'examined' your files. I think the jpg-format of your drawingprogram causes problems with the right format. Try e.g. windows paint. Your pictures works well with my drawingprogram when I resave your pictures in jpg-format, even with 260x240 px. After that all works well
I think your family will be proud of you when you finished the job Success
Kind regards,
Cees.

P.S. check your mailbox for the pics in good format.

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Alec, Cees and all others who want to experimint with my Picture/Sequence Problem,
I have posted a temporary site where the pictures and song I want to sequence are located. Thank You All !
Larry Hawk

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 05-29-2003).]

#63814 - 05/30/03 02:53 AM Re: Using Pictures
technicsplayer Offline

no need to adjust any pixels, the pictures just had too much colour depth. I quickly batch processed them to 256 colours, and added them to an all purpose picture control track, tidied up the end timing for a clean finish and have mailed you your working slideshow. Enjoy

#63815 - 05/30/03 05:10 AM Re: Using Pictures
cees Offline

Alec,
underneath words applies for you too .Thanks for supplementary info
Greetings,
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by cees:
[B]Hi Larry, ..... I think your family will be proud of you when you finished the job
Kind regards,
Cees.
B]

#63816 - 05/30/03 05:55 AM Re: Using Pictures
lahawk Offline

You guys are the greatest ...thanks so much.The results are perfect. Not only do I have a completed slideshow, I now have a better idea of how to format photos for the KN7000.

Alec do you have some sophisticated software to "batch process" in "picture control track"?

By the way, the song in the sequence is "Tulips From Amsterdam", sequenced by Cees, and very well done. I thank him for that. To show what kind of guy he is, he helped with my pics, sent me the sequence, and sent me the sheet music.

I'll post on the above site the finished product if anyone is curious of the finished product. It may help you with your slideshow project. http://www.geocities.com/hawk1866/KN7000PICHELP.html

Thanks again it is really appreciated, I am truly amazed at the amount of friendly help on this forum. It helps that the people involved are "Special"

Regards,
Larry Hawk

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 05-30-2003).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#63817 - 05/30/03 07:44 AM Re: Using Pictures
technicsplayer Offline

you can batch convert pictures in various photo editing applications, it saves having to do a repetitive task on many files.

for the control track I have several templates of slideshow that I made for the book demos. Substituting one of these for your (Cees')control track was easier than making the slideshow from scratch because Cees had only used a couple of panel memories, so it was easier to put 3 commands in rather than load pictures with 14 sets of command creation. A quick track copy and the job was done. The pictures were renamed to the required filenames in another batch operation in another program.

I always look for the easiest way... and your grandkids needed to see themselves in their own show

#63818 - 05/30/03 08:52 AM Re: Using Pictures
lahawk Offline

As always you make it sound so easy.
I've learned from you Cees, and Others that 256 colors should work, while high definition photos probably will not work, and that the "timing" of the pics is a little tricky, but the final result is rewarding.

The look on my grand kids face was worth everything . They even liked the "old cogger" song "Tulips From Amsterdam"

My next project will be old World War 2 Photos set to a song. Any Vets out there have a song recommendation ?

Thanks Again
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online