SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#49695 - 05/13/03 01:57 PM Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I was wondering if it would be worth getting a list together of SD Cards that definitely work with the Panasonic SD Writing Kit ( Juke Box program)for AUDIO files.
I recently came across a cheap type brand that worked for all the other types of files, but NOT AUDIO.
A list may help someone decide when choosing a card that's going to be used for SD Audio Writing Kit.

To date I have found that my
Panasonic and Sandisk
work with Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49696 - 05/13/03 02:48 PM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Rikki,

A great idea, but we also need to know the cards members are encountering problems with as the only way we can add new cards to the list is to try them. There is no point in members purchasing cards which others have already found unsuitable.

Cheers
Len C.

#49697 - 05/13/03 03:51 PM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Rikki

What was the name of the Cheapie SD Card that did NOT work ? How much cheaper was it ?

Like you I have no trouble with Panasonic and Sandisk.

I remember reading somewhere the SD Card has to have a certain number of Contact Pins or something. Anybody remember or know what I'm refering to.

I also remember that some SD Cards only work in specific devices (ie digital camera).

Good idea to clear this up so we know what works and what does not.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49698 - 05/13/03 04:01 PM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I have three different cards which all work OK on all functions.
They are Panasonic, Sandisk and I-O Data.
The SD card has 8 Contacts one of which appears to be a double edge connector (Furthest from the bevelled end). The other type of card which looks like an SD card is a Multi-Media type and I believe the pin at the bevelled end is missing. These do not work with th KN7000.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49699 - 05/14/03 02:08 AM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi Rikki,

As I mentioned before for all those interested in the (S)ecure (D)igital system go to the site below. A lot is explained their, a FAQ part, a list of companies which go along in the project and you can drop questions yourself .
www.sdcard.com

rgds.
Willem

#49700 - 05/14/03 03:11 AM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
technicsplayer Offline

Rikki's non-audio card already appears in the sd-org list, and she has already mailed them because we are skeptical of their response as to why audio does not work with their card.

#49701 - 05/14/03 02:40 PM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
I'm a bit unsure as to whether I should name the sd card that wouldn't work with my Panasonic Audio Writing Kit on the forum.
As I mentioned previously it worked okay with all the other files, I was able to do backups via the Panasonic Card Reader, I managed to load & save styles in the kn7 etc the only thing it wouldn't do was work with the Juke Box program in the Panasonic Writing Kit.

I actually bought it off Ebay. By cheapie I paid roughly $28USD to $30USD plus postage for a 128mb card. I kept them as I also use an sd card for transferring large files between my computer and my laptop.
They also freed up my panasonic and sandisk sd cards ( full of styles & midi files) so that I can use them exclusively for Audio functions, and use the cheapie for the storage of styles etc.

As Alec mentioned, the reply I received from the card company hinted that there are two types of Cards on the market, one type with CPRM
installed and one type without CPRM installed, and that my Kit requires the type with the CPRM. I found this a bit disturbing as I thought an sd card would have a uniform standard?

The reason I suggested the list is so that we can name the sd cards that we have tried and know will work AUDIO functions on the Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit software. It may help members decide which card should hopefully be safe to get if they plan on using it for AUDIO functions on their KN7.

My email is rikkisbears@hotmail.com.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49702 - 05/15/03 03:39 AM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Rikki, I can't see any problem in naming the company that produces the card. You would merely be making a statement of fact, that this card does not work, when used in a particular application ie. with the Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit.
You are not saying anything false or libellous. Also, it would help other user to avoid buying this card, if they intend to use it in the application in question.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49703 - 05/16/03 04:46 PM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bill,
it was a PDC sd card that wouldn't work with th Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit software
Actually it's strange, it gives a larger capacity when formatted on a computer or kn7 than the Panasonic, Sandisk & Cannon. These 3 do work with the Panasonic Writing Kit .

Best Wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Rikki, I can't see any problem in naming the company that produces the card. You would merely be making a statement of fact, that this card does not work, when used in a particular application ie. with the Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit.
You are not saying anything false or libellous. Also, it would help other user to avoid buying this card, if they intend to use it in the application in question.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49704 - 05/17/03 03:05 AM Re: Panasonic JukeBox Which SD Cards Work with Audio?
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:

Actually it's strange, it gives a larger capacity when formatted on a computer or kn7 than the Panasonic, Sandisk & Cannon. These 3 do work with the Panasonic Writing Kit .

that's what you'd expect to see if no audio capability, Rikki, since the encryption software is missing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online