SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63675 - 11/17/02 06:35 PM More songs 3in1 vol 2
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Thanks to Bob, you can click on the site below and download 3 more of my Big Band Arrangements: for the KN6000/6500

I Should Care/Penthouse Serenade - medley

I'm in the Mood for Love/ It's Been a Long Long Time - medley

Stardust - My attempt to recreate Artie Shaw's 1939 recording of Stardust.

Hope you enjoy.
http://gabrendale2.home.att.net/LarryGKN6_3in1vol2.zip

Larry
larry.gosmeyer@verizon.net

[This message has been edited by larry gosmeyer (edited 11-17-2002).]

#63676 - 11/18/02 12:14 AM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello Again, Larry.

Thank you for sharing more of your big band arrangements. I have only played the Stardust arrangement so far and it is a fantastic re-creation. You certainly succeeded far beyond what I would have expected one to be able to achieve with an arranger keyboard. You are obviously an accomplished pianist. I can only hope that one day I will be able to move around the keys as fluidly as you. You spur me on to practice, practice, paractice - and to learn more about my KN6000 so I can make some nice recordings and share them with our friends here on SynthZone. Now it is time to listen to the two medleys and enjoy! Many thanks again, Larry.

Best Regards, Chuck

#63677 - 11/18/02 06:28 AM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Thanks Larry, I really enjoyed your first set of songs. I know I'll enjoy these also. Startdust is a favorite of mine.

Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn

#63678 - 11/18/02 10:54 AM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Chuck Piper Offline

Back Again Larry,

Just an interesting thought. I can picture Artie Shaw and his arranger(s)sitting down together to write the arrangement for Stardust, making changes at the piano, then each member of the band receiving the finished score followed by individual practice and rehearsals. What would Artie Shaw say if he were alive today, listened to your arrangement, then learned a single musician created the whole thing by himself electronically! Finally, I've now listened to your medleys and they are terrific as well. Please continue to share your music when you have the time because it is a great pleasure to listen to your arrangements and to hear/learn what can be achieved with the KN6000.

Best Regards, Chuck Piper

#63679 - 11/18/02 08:09 PM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Hello Larry. I am just playing your last 3 songs and enjoying them. The BIG BAND sounds are very realistic. I love them!!! Warm reguards. Jean.

#63680 - 11/20/02 09:16 PM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi Larry,
Thanks again for your time and talent in sharing with me and the Forum. Big Band is my favorite and you sure don't disappoint me.
Best Regards,
Dave

#63681 - 11/21/02 10:44 AM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chuck Piper:
[B]Back Again Larry,

Just an interesting thought. I can picture Artie Shaw and his arranger(s)sitting down together to write the arrangement for Stardust, making changes at the piano, then each member of the band receiving the finished score followed by individual practice and rehearsals. What would Artie Shaw say if he were alive today,

Ask him, I'm sure he is still alive!!! Walter.

#63682 - 11/21/02 02:28 PM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Walter,

I wasn't aware Artie Shaw was still living. So many of his contemporaries are gone. All of them wrote and played wonderful music. I know time marches on relentlessly and musical tastes change with the times, but I wish the Artie Shaws of yesteryear were still writing and performing. I much prefer their music to the "noise pollution" masquerading as music on the hit parades today. A person wrote a letter to "Ceefax" about a year ago I guess. He said today's so-called "pop stars" produce nothing but noise and use microphones to amplify the paucity of their vocal talent. That may be a bit harsh but it has a ring of truth to it. Thank goodness we have vinyls, tapes, and CD's so that we can still hear and appreciate the wonderful voices and talents of the Sarah Vaughns, Ella Fitzgeralds, Frank Sinatras, Tony Bennetts et al. Thanks for responding, Walter. Take care.

Chuck

#63683 - 11/21/02 03:03 PM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Artie Shaw*
(Arthur Arschawsky)
United States

Born: May 23 1910
Place Of Birth: New York, N.Y.
Biography: American bandleader and clarinettist. He has married eight times, including actresses Lana Turner, Ava Gardner and Evelyn Keyes

He is knocking on at 92. Hear him at,

www.tuxjunction.net/jukebox.htm

along with a lot of other real musicans!!. Walter

#63684 - 11/21/02 03:50 PM Re: More songs 3in1 vol 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Larry (and Bob). Enjoy hearing a pro.

Fran in Florida

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online