SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61050 - 10/28/02 08:15 AM Incorrect procedure?
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
Have copied some files from Technics website. When I put the disc in the keyboard, the files I copied show on the display. When I go to LOAD, the display tells me there are no files on disc.
What is wrong? Lloyd

#61051 - 10/28/02 10:08 AM Re: Incorrect procedure?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hI LlOYD
I THINK YOU SHOULD LOAD THEM AS A CUSTOM STYLE LOAD. YOU'LL FIND IT ON THE LEFT OF THE LOAD SCREEN.
P.B.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Erickson:
Have copied some files from Technics website. When I put the disc in the keyboard, the files I copied show on the display. When I go to LOAD, the display tells me there are no files on disc.
What is wrong? Lloyd

#61052 - 10/29/02 05:44 AM Re: Incorrect procedure?
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Thank you Peter for your reply and answer to my question. Yes, that works but I had hopes that I could just play the style off the disc without having to put it in the custom section. Is this not possible.
If so, that is sort of a let-down. I do not like that system where you have to lose a sound to gain a sound. Answers anyone? Lloyd

#61053 - 10/29/02 07:24 AM Re: Incorrect procedure?
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Lloyd
As Peter says, you need to load them as a Custom Style Load. If, however, you then copy from Custom Memory into composer bank A,B,or C you can then save the composer bank to SD card, Hard Drive or floppy disc for you to recall whenever you want to, without changing your Custom Memory. Don't forget to replace your chosen Custom Style in Custom memory that you use for the purpose of copying.
John

#61054 - 10/29/02 10:40 AM Re: Incorrect procedure?
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Thanks for the input John. Since I am new to Technics, I will have to spend some time working with the 7000 to "get it right".
Thanks to all the members who contribute their knowledge to new owners. I am enjoying the KN7000 with what is already in the keyboard. The sounds and backgrounds are the best to be heard. I have had other keyboards but they did not have the sounds, rhythms or power that this gem has.
Lloyd

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online