SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58117 - 10/18/02 12:28 PM Grandpa Douglas Dean !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Is this merely a figment of my imagination or what? I'm getting the distinct impressision that Grandpa Doug has developed some kind of fixation over me.

Ok, maybe he doesn't agree with what I say, or like my posting style, but he seems to enjoy making wisecrack remarks to everything I say, which includes spending a LOT of his energy both collecting and then 'quoting' my threads as well. Grandpa: I'm afraid Ruthie is going to get jeoulous if you continue hitting on me like this.

Anyone else notice this?

#58118 - 10/18/02 02:36 PM Re: Grandpa Douglas Dean !
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Scott,

First, let me say how sorry I am that we were unable to get together while I was home last June and July. I was really looking forward to meeting you, Bill Forrest and the others. Hopefully next time will be different.

Now to your post. I feel compelled to speak up once again on the issue you have raised i.e., the deliberate derogatory remarks posted by some members with the intention of belittling or otherwise criticizing those with whom they disagree. I spoke on this issue some time ago and left the forum for awhile because I had simply had enough of the petty, childish behavior of some contributors. I respect you as a person, a musician, and a contributing professional member of this forum. Your opinion is important to me because you are a professional musician. It matters not one iota to me whether you opt for a Technics, Yamaha, Korg, Roland, or other keyboard. What does matter to me is the reason or reasons behind your choice of instrument. I want to know why you elect to purchase one instrument over another. I learn from you. Please continue to share your expertise with us and above all, ignore the pettiness that creeps into this forum from time to time. RISE ABOVE IT! I am a member because I want to learn everything I can about arranger keyboards and my keyboard in particular. There is a comedy program on television here in the UK entitled "Only Fools and Horses". Perhaps that title is a fitting description of anyone who makes the stupid comments you refer to?

Take Care Scott

Chuck

#58119 - 10/18/02 03:41 PM Re: Grandpa Douglas Dean !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Chuck: I too was disappointed we didn't get a chance to meet in person, but I did enjoy the telephone calls I got from you. Hey, you never know, maybe I'll get the opportunity to finally cross the pond to visit you and all my other wonderful UK/Europe arranger kb friends. Chuck, thanks again for your support.
- Scott

#58120 - 10/18/02 10:33 PM Re: Grandpa Douglas Dean !
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Don't worry Scott. I've known you now for I guess over two years and you are one of the truly nice guys.

We often assume age implies wisdom. Unfortunately it's not always the case.

Just ignore it and stay just the way you are.

Best wishes,
Peter

#58121 - 10/19/02 01:02 AM Re: Grandpa Douglas Dean !
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Scott and Peter,

Some final thoughts regarding the subject of this thread and then I will take my own advice and shut up forever on this issue. I am an American who has lived outside the United States a total of 27 years in the Far East, Southeast Asia, Middle East, Europe, and Great Britain. I'm now nearly 73 years of age and have retired to the U.K. with my British wife. My parents taught me humility, respect for others, good manners, acceptance of duty and responsibility. In my travels I have come across many Americans who were an embarrasment and regretted they were my countrymen. They misrepresent the millions of fine Americans who make up the fiber of my homeland. They were and are the "Fools and Horses" types. In my view, caustic comments that demean, belittle, or otherwise criticize members of our forum are totally out of place. They serve no constructive purpose whatever and they are a reflection of the lack of good sense and common decency of the writer. Such writers often fall back on the old "free speech" cliche, or, "Aw shucks, everyone is entitled to their opinion". That is a further reflection of their lack of good sense and manners. It is an excuse for their behavior, not a reason which justifies their unacceptable comments. I expect better behavior from contributors to this forum! Especially American contributors!!!!

Chuck Piper

#58122 - 10/19/02 06:42 AM Re: Grandpa Douglas Dean !
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Well said, Chuck. We need more like you.

#58123 - 10/19/02 10:13 AM Re: Grandpa Douglas Dean !
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right Chuck.......Don Rickels wanna be's should not be welcome on this forum.

Fran in Florida

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online