SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57423 - 10/07/02 09:28 PM Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Help Again,

Am having a problem trying to accomplish using two different rhythms for the same song. Want to know if it is possible. Here is what I am doing! I have found two complimentary rhythms that I want to use for different verses of my song. Both of the rhythms are from disks, NOT INTERNAL PRESET RHYTHMS (Thank you Gunnar for your wonderful website which gives me many, many choices -- you are appreciated!) I load my first disk, select the rhythm and load it. Then I put in the second disk, load it so I can see all of the styles; go to page 2 and select the parts I want to load; go to page 3 and load Bank 1 to Bank 2 and press the load button. Then I exit out of that, but when I check my Panel Memory buttons for Bank 1 and Bank 2, I have no changes. What is happening? Am I approaching this incorrectly? Or, is it only possible to do this using one internal preset rhythm and one rhythm from a floppy? HELP!

Carol

#57424 - 10/08/02 01:27 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Carol
Try this method. Load the file containing your 1st composer pattern - then save just the composer pattern to floppy. Then load your 2nd composer pattern.
Go back to the floppy and select the 1st composer pattern that you save; load it; go to page 3 and save it to bank 2 or 3.
John

#57425 - 10/08/02 02:17 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
technicsplayer Offline

what you really mean is load the first file, swap disks, highlight the second file, go to page 3, select composer, select another bank to that containing the first style, and then load it.

#57426 - 10/08/02 06:00 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Sissle Offline

Hi John and Alec,

Thanks for the reply. I think I know what I am doing wrong. I am loading the Panel Memory rather than the Composer! Will try the Composer and let you folks know if it worked for me. Thanks again.

#57427 - 10/08/02 08:05 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by technicsplayer:
[B]what you really mean is

Sorry Alec, there's only one person authorized to read my mind and that is 'She who must be obeyed'
I meant exactly what I said, to remove any chance of loading anything other than the composer from page 3.

#57428 - 10/08/02 11:59 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Sissle Offline

Hi John and Alec,

Thank you very much. It works like a charm. Can't wait to surprise my piano teacher with this one!

Carol

#57429 - 10/08/02 12:42 PM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
technicsplayer Offline

but John, exactly what you said will not work!

#57430 - 10/08/02 02:16 PM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Sissle Offline

Hi all,

It's me again! Yes, I was successful at loading the first rhythm in Memory Bank B, and the second rhythm pattern in Memory Bank C. Now I am trying to combine the different rhythm patterns into Memory Bank A so that I have the mixture of rhythms in one Bank of Panel Memory buttons. Here is what I am doing -- I go to Memory Bank C, Panel Memory button 1. Set up my insturments, etc., just the way I want them. Then I go to Memory Bank A and save in expanded mode all of the settings in Panel Memory button 1. Then I go to Memory Bank B, Panel Memory button 1, and set up my instruments there. Then I switch to Memory Bank A again and save my settings in expanded mode to Panel Memory button 2. When I go back to play the song using the Memory Bank A, only the original rhythm pattern is there, not my second one. Now what am I doing wrong? My end goal is to have my different rhythms reside in the same Memory Bank with a different rhythm pattern in each Panel Memory button. Is this possible, and if so, how? HELP! (I sure hope all this makes sense!)

Carol

#57431 - 10/08/02 04:15 PM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
technicsplayer Offline

sorry Carol, don't follow what you are doing. Are you talking about composer banks or panel memory banks?

If you want 8 panel memories in one bank using the 2 composers it does not matter if they are in composer A B or C, just save the panel memory pointing to the correct pattern.

If you want some patterns from each style specifically in composer A to use panel memory bank A because you specifically want composers B and C and panel memory banks B and C free for other setups that is another question.

In that case the page 3 load needs to be set to single rather than bank, whence you can overwrite individual composer variations with the new patterns you want, and keep everything in composer bank A without having to use B or C.

#57432 - 10/08/02 05:08 PM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
I think it is possible to load the rhythms in the composer memory without using an intermediate floppy disc by using the single load option (page 3/3) of the disc load function.

Use the mode button to select Composer and the Bank/Single button to select Bank.

You can then load one bank at a time from the floppy to the composer memory. Repeating this for another rhythm and using a different composer memory allows you to then access the composer memories with the panel memories as you normally would.

Hope this is helpful.

Lanny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online