SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51676 - 09/16/02 09:40 PM RECORDING VOICE & HARMONIZER IN KN7000
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Hi,

Can you record vocals on the KN7000? If so, is it a special track or can you record several tracks of voices. I hope this is now possible. Also, what about the harmonizer - If this is still a feature, is it any better than the previous model? Hopefully so.

#51677 - 09/17/02 12:34 AM Re: RECORDING VOICE & HARMONIZER IN KN7000
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
you can only record vocals into the pc.as it is audio, but you can record straight into the pc live backing and vocals together using the line outs to line in just as on the 6500 you need pc recorder you can download a good one from The Sonic Spot. There are a lot to choose from try them all but do Download "Recordit" by iomega it is really good.
I think you can do the same thing using the USB and the packaged technics software on the 7000 but i am not sure.
jan

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 09-17-2002).]

#51678 - 09/17/02 04:05 AM Re: RECORDING VOICE & HARMONIZER IN KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

the harmoniser looks the same as before. The 7000 acts as an analogue to digital converter, thus any input on mic or line appears as cd quality wave file at the usb, and can be mixed with panel/sequencer/SD card mp3 voices etc. If you have an external mixer connected to line in I suppose several instruments could be converted to digital together. Since the start of audio can be synchronised to the sequencer, I suppose you could use the sequencer as a click track to multitrack audio into a pc. The big advantage of usb digital audio is completely avoiding analogue audio in the pc and the cheap soundcard a/d converters in most pcs, you need a pretty expensive soundcard to get the 7000 usb quality when making a cd for instance.

#51679 - 09/17/02 05:26 PM Re: RECORDING VOICE & HARMONIZER IN KN7000
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Thanks, Jan and Alec. There is much to learn about this new keyboard. It would have been ideal to be able to do a complete recording, voice (s) and backing in the keyboard without relying on software or external equipment. I am really surprised Technics hasn't addressed and fixed the terrible harmonizer problem that is in their KN6/65 models. Don't they read our forum!

#51680 - 09/18/02 03:10 AM Re: RECORDING VOICE & HARMONIZER IN KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

if you want to do a complete recording in the keyboard look at the gem genesys, but you have to pay for it. I don't see the point because everybody has a computer nowadays, and to me it's just duplicated hardware increasing cost, bulk and weight. Unfortunately it's still only 64 poly and 60lbs - really a fixed studio machine.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online