SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63578 - 08/28/02 01:12 PM Virus Alert! 40k in size
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
There is a huge amount of email virus activity right now and for the last week. The infected attachment comes 40k in size. Sometimes its 39 or 41k but mostly 40k. Sender can be many but Tahir Lucman is the one I am getting it from now. Of course thats what the auto send names it from. If you get any email that size and don't know who from, know that it is a virus most likely. My yahoo email started getting tons of them. About 15 in bulk folder and a few in regular mail folder every day now. Yahoo doesn't seem to have nortons to scan attachments anymore either! It was just there but now it's not. But before nortons disappeared from yahoo, It had scanned 40 and 39k files and warned of SOME virus. I forgot now, as there are so many. Junk email volume has appeared to have risen fast lately. Not sure if its just me or what. I guess I am going to get in a yahoo chat room and ask around. But just beware of any file at or about 40k!!!!
I'll be reporting back what I find and others are welcome to report what they know of it. Is everyone here getting this attatchment via email maybe? Thats all I'll say for now.

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 08-28-2002).]

#63579 - 08/28/02 06:39 PM Re: Virus Alert! 40k in size
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Virus can also be 42k in size. Any one else getting mail from Tahir Lucman?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online