SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41550 - 07/17/02 09:10 PM PURPOSE OF THE EMAIL LIST
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS,
I will reply to this questions for the benefit of all the newer members of the technic's forum that never understood why I used the email list separate from the forum.
The email list was created by me in an effort to make the many people leaving technote forum aware that there was a new home for them to move to after Nigle offered this site for us. This was successful for that purpose.
The newsletter was created to reach the many prospects I had been advised of by many of the above members that could be brought into membership in this forum. I then created the newsletter and mailed the first copy to those prospects asking them to register and become forum members which would also put them on my subscriber list for the newsletter.
I learned that there are still several hundred technic's owner/operators around the world that never heard of the synthzone. I then Created the 20 for 1 song project to reach these people and to bring as many as possible into membership in the technics forum.
I asked Bill Norrie to write a dissertation on the 7000 that I mailed out and posted a notice on the forum to reach more people for membership. We are registering people on the forum even as I write this as a result of all the above. All people were always advised that they could not be on this subscriber email list until AFTER they become participating forum members.
You may also note that we now have well over 4000 posts on this forum and we got it off the ground as an active forum on January 15th of this year.
Most of our members are aware of this but I wanted to post this for other members that have not yet realized or understood the purpose of the email list that got all this started in the beginning and continues to build the membership.
I think this forum will now continue to grow if everyone will get back to the business of music, technics interests, and fellowship, and put aside all the petty bickering, that has caused many forum members to abandon the forum. Perhaps we can win them back when we can assure them the reasons they left no longer will exist.
Thank you to all the new members that have joined since January 15th. I wish you all the best.
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop

#41551 - 07/18/02 02:25 AM Re: PURPOSE OF THE EMAIL LIST
technicsplayer Offline

now can you tell us why my posts were deleted SIX times yesterday? here is what I wrote:

quote:

Why has this thread been closed? http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000762.html

Has it been closed just for the "moderators" benefit, since the discussion did not appear to be going favourably in his direction?

The rest of us can't simply close any thread just because it goes against us, and without answering any of the valid points made by others.

Is this a forum for the benefit of all of its members?

Or is this a forum for the benefit of the moderator and his email list?

Closing the thread without answering any of my points is a very easy way out, is it not? Unfortunately it is not a route open to the rest of the members of this "democratic" "no-censorship" (remember technote?) forum.

unquote.

I also feel like adding that for you to ask others to put aside petty bickering is pretty rich.

We now know you actually solicited Bill Norries report with the intent of NOT putting it on the forum in the first place. Was NOT putting it on the forum going to help "technics interests" and "fellowship" among ALL who read here? Was that going to impress readers interested in 7000 info and encourage them to stay at this forum where the info does NOT get posted? This makes no sense at all.

Is deleting my posts helping to bring back members who seem to be as exasperated by the tactics here as I myself am?

I have never seen another forum run like this with private email lists and special categories of members - those "in" and those "out".

#41552 - 07/18/02 03:59 AM Re: PURPOSE OF THE EMAIL LIST
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
here here
I have been getting a bit annoyed myself at the forum being used as a private chat room for a certain "in crowd" this is a forum for all however much computer knowledge or
keyboard knowledge we have, we help each other, not preach about Me MeI've got I;ve been etc. The keyboard is what i am intersested in and learning to get to grips with it, that is why i joined, and i enjoyed the tunes that were posted they were all by 1 person and that way we got to know one another better perhaps we should go back to the old way.

#41553 - 07/18/02 06:33 AM Re: PURPOSE OF THE EMAIL LIST
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I can see that a mailing list was good to notify people from the old Technotes Forum that there was another forum where we could get together. At this point I don't see much reason for it. If you want to mail an email to new people fine. You could communicate with the rest of here on the Forum, that's what the Forum is for.

Funny I thought the 20 for 1 songs were Forum members sharing with each other, I see that I was wrong. It was advertising for new members.

As for petty bickering I don't understand why you continue to treat Alec the way you do. He is always there to help everyone with their problems. In fact, if it wasn't for him I wonder if there would be someone to answer many of the questions? I think Alec has tremendous patience to continue to post here when the moderator is hostile to him.

I am very disappointed in the way this Forum is going. I don't think this Forum should be the private club of the moderator with some people being treated with disrespect because the moderator has a personal grudge againt them. With this kind of moderation the Technote's Forum is sounding better and better all the time!

Sorry to be so blunt but I am extremely exasperated.

I will be sending an email after I finish this message asking to be removed from the Mailing List!

Marilyn

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online