SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64000 - 06/09/02 08:55 AM Multi Recording
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
I have set up my memory panel 1 to 4 using different voicies in conductor parts right 1 and 2 sometimes the right 2 part has two different solo voicies set in it the changes being made via the panel memory buttons.I have been using this set up to record a song during which both voicies in right 2 are used.My question is, can I copy the track with the two voicies in to another track and then change both voicies back to their original voice and volumes ? I have followed the procedure as decribed in Alexs book and can only change the voice and volume of one voice, or is the correct way to use only one voice in right1 and 2 when controled by the memory buttons? ~I would be gratefull for any comments
Regards to All Gilbert

#64001 - 06/09/02 11:08 AM Re: Multi Recording
technicsplayer Offline

sorry, not entirely clear as to how you have recorded.

I have a suspicion, but cannot guarantee whether it is correct without more info.

It is possible you have maybe copied to a part the later panel memories are no longer controlling.

By copying tracks in the sequencer, you do not update any information in panel memories. Your panel memories still contain the same information of the conditions for the other parts that were the case before altering the sequencer.

switch the sequencer play off.
select each panel memory in turn, and then go to the mixer. Look at the parts you have copied the original voice to, and confirm they are the new voices. If not, use the mixer to select the correct voice (with volume, pan, effects etc etc) and, when done, resave each panel memory in turn. This should now play correctly.

but don't quote me, without more info it's only a guess...

#64002 - 06/09/02 11:59 AM Re: Multi Recording
gilbert Offline

Hi Alexs,
thanks for such a speedy responce, I set up my panel memories ,recorded the song in easy record manualy changing the memory buttons during recording I had one voice on right2 panel memory 1 and another voice on the right 2 panel memory 2 on completion of record I copied track 2 to track 9 part5 cleared part 2 assigned tack 9 back to part 5 into mixer changed volumes and voice as original part 2 and then panel write. When I tried to record a counter melody with part 2 set with another voice in real time, it was fine untill I reached the point when panel memory 2 came in then my counter melody voice reverted back to the voice in panel memory 2 I then could not find a way of rectifying this so as to record the conter melody voice throughout the complete recording, hope this makes sense
thanks Gilbert

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 06-09-2002).]

#64003 - 06/09/02 01:25 PM Re: Multi Recording
technicsplayer Offline

in that case the guess was correct.

reset each panel memory via the mixer with the sequencer play OFF to show the correct voices for that part for each section of the song i.e. each panel memory. Part is selected at the bottom of the mixer, sound at the right, along with pan, volume, the rest etc etc on other pages.

the panel write sets up the correct conditions at the start of the song, but is then overwritten during the song by the old information in the panel memories.

to multitrack using panel memories (a technics feature) the information in the panel memories will need updating throughout the song. multitracking is usually a midi file style of format, with one voice on each track, where you can cut and paste to your hearts content and only need to set up conditions at the beginning of each track.

another way of proceeding is to step record into each track and insert the voice change at the correct point.

the easiest way for you depends on how many tracks and your personal preference of working, and how much potential editing is envisaged.
let me know if I'm not clear...

#64004 - 06/09/02 01:45 PM Re: Multi Recording
gilbert Offline

Hi again Alexs,
your explanation is crystal clear which also means I have learnt something new. I could have been at it for weeks and still not have understood what I was doing wrong.My sincere Thanks for your help and patience from one happy player
Gilbert

#64005 - 06/09/02 03:24 PM Re: Multi Recording
technicsplayer Offline

fine... at least the after sales service is reasonable

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online