SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48522 - 06/02/02 11:49 AM Sissle's CD Recording and Control Track Docs.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Sissle's Control Track document can be accessed at http://www.synthzone.com/files/technics/Control Track Step Record.doc

And Her UPDATED CD Burning document is available at http://www.synthzone.com/files/technics/Burning CD2.doc which is the link
Nigel posted on the Technics forum in the thread discussing this document.
Thank you Nigel for posting these valuable documents for the Members
Thank you Sissle for sharing your talents in creating these documents for the Members
Bebop

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-07-2002).]

#48523 - 06/02/02 04:09 PM Re: Sissle's CD Recording and Control Track Docs.
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi,
It was my pleasure to write these documents and share them on this forum. These two have been written up for quite some time. I didn't realize they would be of any value except to me, or I would have shared them earlier. I just hope it shortens the learning curve for somebody else. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me. Thanks Shirley for teaching me how to do the Control Track, and thanks Lanny for being such a valuable critic! I could have used you on the first project! LOL Thanks BEBOP and Nigel for giving me this opportunity to share my work.
Carol

#48524 - 06/03/02 05:16 AM Re: Sissle's CD Recording and Control Track Docs.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again! I have already downloaded and printed the original "Burning" document from Carol. What is in the update that isn't in the opriginal? Is it necessary to re-print the entire document? (It is rather long.) Thanks, guys! And a special thank you (and a big hug ) to Carol for her great work!

Ted Rose

#48525 - 06/03/02 07:51 AM Re: Sissle's CD Recording and Control Track Docs.
Sissle Offline

Hi Ted,
No need to reprint the Burning CD document. It is just reposted as the thread was lost during the reconstruction of this site after the hackers did their damage. The programming the Control Track in Step Record is a brand new package that we have just posted. You might be interested in that one if you don't already know how to do it. Thanks for the hug! It is warmly returned.
Carol

[This message has been edited by Sissle (edited 06-03-2002).]

#48526 - 06/05/02 07:11 PM Re: Sissle's CD Recording and Control Track Docs.
Sissle Offline

HINT for people downloading the Control Track Training:

Received an email from Shirley and she has a very good suggestion. Will pass it along to all of you who are interested.

If after programming the Control Track you find that the changes from Panel Memory to Panel Memory are not as smooth as you wish, try this:

Edit your Control Track to make the changes between Panel Memories on the LAST beat (last dot) of the measure PRIOR to the actual measure where you want the change to occur. This will allow the transition to take place before you hit the first note of the new measure! Cool, huh!!

This little tidbit really can help. Give it a try. Thanks again, Shirley, for sharing with all of us. We appreciate it!

Carol

#48527 - 06/06/02 12:11 AM Re: Sissle's CD Recording and Control Track Docs.
Sissle Offline

An addition to the hint above! If your song is 4/4 time and you are using an 8 beat rhythm, be sure and program your Panel Memory change on the second dot from the end of the previous measure before the Panel Memory change otherwise you are defeating your purpose.

Carol

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online