SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41750 - 01/01/01 05:24 PM Direct play of midi on Kn6000
Bubbles Offline

Loc: Kilmaley, Ireland
Hi Friends
Can anyone please tell me why My Kn6000 will only play a few midi files direct from the floppy drive, and then appear to go askew? I have to switch it off and back on again after 2 or 3 files to "reset" it. Also, it plays some of my midi files all wierd even though these files play perfectly OK on my Kn 3000 and on my PC (I use Cakewalk) The Keyboard is only 2 months old and is driving me mad. If I don't get an answer to this problem, I'll go mad after all my hard earned cash.
Yours, in anticipation

#41751 - 01/05/01 05:58 AM Re: Direct play of midi on Kn6000
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbles:
Hi Friends
Can anyone please tell me why My Kn6000 will only play a few midi files direct from the floppy drive, and then appear to go askew? I have to switch it off and back on again after 2 or 3 files to "reset" it. Also, it plays some of my midi files all wierd even though these files play perfectly OK on my Kn 3000 and on my PC (I use Cakewalk) The Keyboard is only 2 months old and is driving me mad. If I don't get an answer to this problem, I'll go mad after all my hard earned cash.
Yours, in anticipation

You must have Rom version 5 which had a bug that effected Midi files playback. You can get a newer update at: http://www.technote.com/kn6000/frame.htm

They have version 7 there. To check which version you have boot your keyboard up with "Digital Drawbar, Accordion Register, & Sound Explorer" keys pressed. The version shows on the lower right on the screen while booting then.

Marilyn

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online