SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49814 - 05/02/00 04:43 PM kn6000 hard drive
Johnny B Offline

Loc: Colchester, Essex,England
Technics have stopped (for some weeks now)releasing kn6000 haed drives. there is a problem with the makers Keysoft. I have phoned Technote every week for 7 months and thay say they don't know what the problem is. Surely they should have the decency to give us some sort of explaination having spent over £20,000 with the company, and not this complete silence, nothing in the web club or in the magazine, are they afraid it will be bad for publicity.

#49815 - 05/06/00 02:28 PM Re: kn6000 hard drive
Peter Simpson Offline

Loc: Horsham, West Sussex, UK
I agree the situation is farcical. Let's face it we are only eight months after launch and Keysoft still can't get the firmware complete. I guess they are just too small to be able to complete the work in a reasonable time.

It's just business as usual for Technics, they don't ever say anything, never acknowledge a problem, they are like the dinosaurs who were wiped out when the environment changed and they couldn't adapt.

For Technics the Internet is the environment change. Customers can now get together and swap notes 1000 times more easily than 5 years ago, many companies have realised this and put effort into operating in the new environment.

Technics haven't got the message yet, if only they would realise that selling a great keyboard doesn't automatically mean you have great customer relations!

Regards, Peter

#49816 - 05/07/00 04:00 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
Roel Offline

Hi,

You are sooo right about the bad attitude Technics shows over the last 4 years.
It is one of the reasons I switched to another brand (Solton X1)
The X1 only had a few bugs, Solton puts effort in the internet, the instrument sounds much much better ...... etc,
I just wanted to let you know I agree.

kind regards,

Roel
The Netherlands

#49817 - 05/12/00 03:35 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
pmart Offline

Loc: Nice, France
I imagine that you know that this HDD has been designed by a swiss company in cooperation with Japan.
I suggest to post your question to the following e-mail address : info@keysoftservice.ch

Their reaction will be very interesting for all of the users like me who want to buy their harddisk.

Cheers !

------------------
Pierre

#49818 - 05/14/00 02:19 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
Johnny B Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pmart:
I imagine that you know that this HDD has been designed by a swiss company in cooperation with Japan.
I suggest to post your question to the following e-mail address : info@keysoftservice.ch

Their reaction will be very interesting for all of the users like me who want to buy their harddisk.

Cheers !

#49819 - 05/14/00 02:23 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
Johnny B Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny B:

The address info@keysoftservice.ch has been offline ( under construction ) for some months now and from what I can gather Technics are no longer dealing with them, so what is going to happen now is anyone's guess.

#49820 - 05/14/00 02:05 PM Re: kn6000 hard drive
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny B:
The address info@keysoftservice.ch has been offline ( under construction ) for some months now and from what I can gather Technics are no longer dealing with them, so what is going to happen now is anyone's guess.

This is the right adres>WWW.keysoftservice.chindex-e.html<
They are working hard to let it work right.
I have a good working HD-SX6,but the final
update will be ready soon.
Be aware it is not only a HDD ,its an extension kit with many new options !
Regards Arno van Denderen ,Holland

#49821 - 05/15/00 01:29 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
pmart Offline

Herebelow, find a copy of the e-mail I received on 11 may 00 from keysoftservice.
I confirm that their e-mail address is : info@keysoftservice.ch and the URL of their web-site is : www.keysoftservice.ch

=====
Hello Pierre

I have found your many questions in the Technote Forum.

We are the manufactoring company of the system extension for the KN6000.
- Don't worry about transportation! The HDD will be parket and the HDD can handle shocks up to
500 G.

Our web-site already have many details in German ..... English will be ready soon..

www.keysoftservice.ch

If you have some more questions please feel free to contact us again.

Thanks and best regards

Roland Schmid

=======
UNQUOTE

Please, keep us informed of everthing you can get on the purpose of this harddisk.

Cheers

------------------
Pierre

#49822 - 05/23/00 01:45 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
pmart Offline

I've got some news about the harddisk drive.
from Patrick Jago, a webmaster of http://www.techmusic.com/forum/index.html
sent me the following on 22MAY00 :
<< Ce kit pro pour le KN6000 comprend un disque dur 4 giga, 4 sortie audio
supplémentaire et un port USB. Pour l'instant, uniquement les fonctions de
sauvegarde / chargement sont utilisables. Le prix de ce kit est de 6 990
FTTC. Nous ne diffuserons ce kit que lorsqu'il sera totalement
opérationnel. Je pense qu'il est préférable de patienter encore quelques
temps ...probablement septembre.>>
=====================
English translation :
=====================
The KN6000's HDD Kit includes a hard disk of 4 Gigabytes, 4 audio outputs and one USB connector. For now, only save and load options are working. This kit costs FRF 6,990 (i.e. ~US$ 960). We will trade this kit only when it will be fully-functioning. I think that it's better to wait sometime more, perhaps september.

Cheers !

------------------
Pierre

[This message has been edited by pmart (edited 05-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by pmart (edited 05-23-2000).]

#49823 - 05/28/00 03:57 AM Re: kn6000 hard drive
Johnny B Offline

My problem is that the information on my KN5000 hard drive ( that Technote have ) has to be transferred to the 6000 hard drive, they (Technote ) have been waiting for months for Keysoft to come up with the means to do this, with no luck, in the end Technote said they would do this themselves, by transferring the files onto floppy disks then installing them onto the 6000 drive, but they found that this was too time consuming and they have now sent the 5000 file information to Keysoft to copy to the 6000, that was 10 days ago, I dont know what will happen next, I am at my wits end, having waited since X-mas for a drive that I bought and paid for in December

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online