SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63854 - 05/07/00 07:16 PM Finding a group to enjoy music with
Lucky Kelly Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Husband coming home from hospital after three months. Time to get back to my music. Jordan Kitts (music store that gives free group lessons) to senior citizens--they call it their Music for Life (MFL) program--won't let me join any of their evening ensemble groups until I have studied with them for about 20 weeks. I guess I have to prove myself or something. I am strickly an amateur but my goal is to progress to where I am comfortable with my abilities, put together some music, and then offer to play, for example, for a senior citizens group. Any suggestions on how to find or put together such a group in my area (Virginia Beach, VA, USA)?

Thanks
Lucky Kelly

#63855 - 05/08/00 10:40 AM Re: Finding a group to enjoy music with
Fran Durham Offline

Loc: Sebastian, Florida
Lucky,
Here in Florida we have the same teaching class's. We also have a senior band and small groups that play at Nursing Homes, the Senior Center and special occassions. They are always looking for keyboard players. I plan on visiting some nursing homes in the area to get my feet wet playing for an audience.
Check with your local Chamber of Commerce and Senior Center if one exists where you are.
Good Luck, Lucky.......Fran Durham (Sebastian, Fl)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online