SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#386936 - 03/24/14 03:50 PM MULTIPLE SOUND LOAD INTO CUSTOM BUTTON - KN5000
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Dear All, I still enjoy my good old KN5000 and I need your help with loading sounds into the CUSTOM button.

I have 10 commercially bought sounds on a floppy disk for use in my KN5000 and I wish to load the sounds permanently into the CUSTOM button. I need help with the steps to load all the 10 sounds AT ONCE without having to do them individually.

I'll like to load them into Memory A but I currently have some sounds in Memory A. Also, how do I move those sounds from Memory A to B to make room in A for my new sounds? Thanks for all your support.

Buddy

#386942 - 03/25/14 05:17 AM Re: MULTIPLE SOUND LOAD INTO CUSTOM BUTTON - KN5000 [Re: Buddy]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Buddy
Why not load the new custom sounds into Memory B and make a note on your sheet music that that is where they are.
In fact once those sounds (by which I presume you mean rhythms) are loaded into custom memory they are a lot safer there than in Memory A or B where they can be easily replaced by something else inadvertently.
Really you need a KN7000 and save everything to SD memory cards with amazingly quick loading speeds of around a couple of seconds.

#386946 - 03/25/14 10:32 AM Re: MULTIPLE SOUND LOAD INTO CUSTOM BUTTON - KN5000 [Re: RMepstead]
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks Roger for your kind response. I am really sorry for mixing up things - talking about Memory A & B. Actually, what I want is to load the rhythms into the CUSTOM memory. The Custom button (on the KN5000) is situated beside the WORLD button on the KN5000 keyboard. I should be grateful, please, for the steps to do this. I did that in the past but have forgotten the steps.

Currently, in my said Custom memory, I already have 10 rhythms loaded into positions 1-10. The remaining 10 spaces (positions 11-20) are empty. What I want to do is move the 1st 10 rhythms to positions 11-20, and then load the new ones that I have into positions 1-10. I'll be grateful for the steps to achieve this, please.

Thanks to you all for your continued help.

Buddy

Edited by Buddy (03/25/14 10:35 AM)

#386966 - 03/26/14 02:15 AM Re: MULTIPLE SOUND LOAD INTO CUSTOM BUTTON - KN5000 [Re: Buddy]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
First of all Buddy to the best of my knowledge when you add rhythms into the custom memory they delete the ones already in there, so that wouldn't work would it...
If I were you I would transfer the existing 10 rhythms from custom memory to Memory A one at a time and save each one to a floppy disk as a seperate saved rhythm.
Then load the new custom memory rhythms to the custom area on the keyboard which I seem to remember happens automatically when you click load from the floppy disk that they are on.
You may then if you wish also transfer them one at a time to memory A also and save them to a floppy disk one after the other.
aah it's so much easier with a KN7000...chuckle.
Failing which I'll have to come up to London and show you how...
Rog

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online