SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#331913 - 09/25/11 07:36 AM Bill Norrie SPAM message
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
This morning, here in S.E. New Mexico, U.S.A. an email arrived from Bill Norrie.... No message, just click on some singles website!

Most likely a SPAM message....Looks like Bill's contacts list has been hacked!

Elizabeth

#331914 - 09/25/11 08:07 AM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: etwo4788]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
The one received had a virus threat attached to it.
I dumped it

Regards
Peter B

#331916 - 09/25/11 09:27 AM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: peter b]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes I received it too and deleted it - I haven't heard from Bill for quite some time...hope he's ok....

#331924 - 09/25/11 12:28 PM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: RMepstead]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Sorry Guys and Gals - nothing to do with me frown I even got some from myself !!

Some PEST has hacked my alternative Hotmail (xxxxxx at Live.co.uk) address and to add insult to injury, has included a virus in the emai!!
If anyone else receives emails supposedly from me, if the address is not the one in my profile....just dump them please.

I do not use my alternative email address to contact 'KN' friends.
Apologies again........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#331927 - 09/25/11 01:54 PM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: etwo4788]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Bill,

I received the same email. You need to change your Hotmail /Live Mail password, otherwise it may continue.

Just trying to help

Regards
Larry

#331928 - 09/25/11 04:04 PM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: etwo4788]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi All,

I also received this spam email supposedly from Bill and to make matters worse, I tried to contact Bill to warn him about it and it was returned as 'undeliverable' However, I've deleted it but I suspect it is still on the PC somewhere so will do a scan to see what's happening.

I knew immediately, it wasn't from Bill because years ago I missed a letter out of an email addess and he received a 'naughty' email from me, at the time, it was so embarrassing as I was new to this forum and wasn't sure how Bill would react, but I've since met him in person and he's a great guy. We still laugh about that moment....

Audrey

#331932 - 09/25/11 07:07 PM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: Audrey Turner]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill,
I also received a not-to-nice email a few days ago.
From its content I knew it could not be you.
John C.

#331937 - 09/26/11 02:30 AM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: bruno123]
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks for all your observations...

Larry, thanks for you comment - the first thing I did when I became aware of this problem was to change my password - in fact, I make a habit of changing my passwords fairly regularly.....

I've received quite a bunch of emails to the affected address, designated as 'Undeliverable' and having examined the headers of these emails, I find that many of the addressees are no longer in my address book! In particular, there are two of our late 'KN' friends included - Fran Durham and Chuck Piper - both of whom died quite a long time ago. Their email addresses were removed from my list years ago, so I can only assume that the IDIOT who originated these emails, must have harvested all the addresses a long time ago and for some inconceivable reason, has just decided to inflict this rubbish on us. One wonders at the mindset of sad people like this, who have nothing better to do than propagate potentially harmful emails to all and sundry. What kind of 'kick' do they get out of doing so ??? Most internet users nowadays, are sufficiently 'savvy' not to be taken in by these stupid emails and generally just dump them, so what is the point?

#331960 - 09/26/11 10:02 AM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: etwo4788]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
This has been going on for years. As soon as you have posted a emailadress at the web, either at your own homepage or otherwise, robots searc the web, hijack and use your email adress as visible "sender".
Several of my adresses used, and being blacklisted an mass.... I don't care anymore, other than change email when see such ,ails from "myself" bump in.

Got "your" mail as well Bill, but as I use MailWasher, it got dumped before reach my PC. Great software. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#331962 - 09/26/11 10:15 AM Re: Bill Norrie SPAM message [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks Gunnar smile I also use Mailwasher and have been doing so for as long as I can remember.... It IS a great program!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online