SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69083 - 08/24/09 04:55 PM ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Greetings to all our forum members.

Please I need a Tyros 3 to complement my KN7, and will be glad to know if any member has one for sale at a reasonable price. Or if you know someone outside the forum that has one that is priced reasonably, please I'd like to know. A contact email address is kayskwed@hotmail.com in case anyone wishes to contact me by email.

Thanks.

Buddy

[This message has been edited by Buddy (edited 08-25-2009).]

#69084 - 08/24/09 10:56 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello,

Just go to any good keyboard dealer and buy one. The Tyros 3 is still so new that I can not imagine any occasions yet.

------------------

#69085 - 08/25/09 08:45 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
One was listed on eBay about three weeks ago with a buy it now for $2,000. and no takers. Actually, it was listed TWICE with no interest. I think the interest in a Tyros 3 has faded somewhat. I could be wrong.

Mark

#69086 - 08/25/09 07:11 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by kitkat:
One was listed on eBay about three weeks ago with a buy it now for $2,000. and no takers. Actually, it was listed TWICE with no interest. I think the interest in a Tyros 3 has faded somewhat. I could be wrong.

Mark

Mark, With Tyros 3 keyboards posted for open box at $3,170 to a high of $3,999 on E-bay I have doubts that the Tyros 3 selling at $2,000 was legit even if were used. I just paid $2,900 for a two-month-old Tyros 3 and I felt it was a good buy. I also feel the desire for all arranger keyboards is diminishing.
John C.

#69087 - 08/26/09 08:23 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
kitkat Offline

You are probably right John when you say, "I also feel the desire for all arranger keyboards is diminishing." I believe it is a dealer that has been trying to sell a Roland E80 on eBay for months and has dropped the price from $2,500. to $2,000. and still no takers. As I understand it, this model is a very good keyboard and on par with the KN7000. Personally, I am so satisfied with the KN7000 that I am not interested in newer keyboards. I have put entirely too much work in the KN7000 to lose it for a new play toy.

Mark

#69088 - 08/26/09 09:27 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
How true Mark...
Imagine trying to convert everything to a Tyros or a Korg etc - never...
Rog

#69089 - 08/26/09 02:44 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
You have both 'hit the nail head' as the saying goes. The KN7 is still way up front.

I bought a Tyros 3 because it was offered at a very good price and looking to the future, I felt that at some stage I would have to move on. 'Move On' that's a laugh for a start, in comparison to using the KN7, I feel I have taken a step backwards.

O.K. so the Yamaha is using the Computer system which is better - or so I'm told. All I can say is I don't know what computers other people are using, but my own PC is as easy to use as the KN7. In fact since the KN7 came out I have constantly used the PC to backup everything I have for the KN7, make my own CDs and use it for photographs - no problems at all. Unlike the T3 which has a very complicated saving system in that you must make sure the Styles are saved to and loaded from the Style section, The Registrations to/from the Regits section, Voices, Libraries etc. must all be saved and accessed to/from their own sections using the relevant buttons which we are led to believe is quicker and easier. Some even think the USB stick is quicker, o.k. I agree it holds much much more data but quicker, definitely not. When I load a tune from the SD Card it is in the keyboard before I can turn the music sheet over. There are some things I do like about the T3 but at the moment not enough to make me want to keep it. The worst part about it is the time consumption. Because of the system it uses, I seem to be spending my time either on the the relevant websites or pushing buttons on the keyboard itself with very little time left for actually playing it.

Of course it is entirely your business Buddy but if I were you, I'd look into the many extra costs involved before making any purchase. For instance, I have the Foot Controller and Expression/Volume Pedal for the KN and whilst the KN's Volume Pedal can be used with the Tyros, I cannot use the Foot Controller because of the small sized midi plug, so you will need to buy Yamaha pedals if you want to set up the T3 like your KN7. The smaller pedal starts at approx. £22.00 going up to around £200 I believe. Their deluxe keyboard stand is listed at around £185.00 and I understand it is not collapsible.

Having said all this, I did say I would give it six months before making up my mind and I will do that.

It's now almost four months since I bought it and although Yamaha fans are not going to like me saying this, I think the T3 Keyboard is over-rated and it's future with me looks decidedly 'bleak.

Audrey

#69090 - 08/26/09 07:16 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
kitkat Offline

Hi, Audrey -

Thanks, very much for your descriptive post. You certainly have given an eye-opener on the Tyros 3. I am assuming also the drawback that it is like the Tyros 2 and that being that it has outboard speakers. This, in itself would be a total turn-off for me. I would think with the keyboard and the hassle of the speakers, it would weigh even more than the KN7000. It certainly would require more baggage on a gig.

Again, thanks for your post.

Mark

#69091 - 08/26/09 07:19 PM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark, I fully agree with you have put a great deal of effort into your Kn7.

I just received my Tyros 3 today - I will give a report for those who are interested. This is by no means putting down the Kn7, that is not my purpose. But I must say, and I say this politely those of you who may have interest are not receiving the correct information about Yamaha.

When understood, and that means binding all thoughts you have from working a keyboard like the Kn7000, and renewing your mind to a new concept the Tyros 3 is fantastic. If there were a KN8000 I would have bought that instead. If I could turn the clock back and stay with my KN7000 I would most likely stay with the KN7 because of the learning curve. After working with the Technics operating system for over ten years it came second nature to me. There was very I did not understand.

The Tyros 3 is a tool and it can not be mastered without a commitment. That is why I sold my KN7, I needed to get away from the KN7 operating system. If I did not I could not begin to master the Yamaha. In my battle I have owned two Tyros keyboards and a S900 -- and two different KN7. I found that I could not be successful working two different systems. Again, not for everyone!

Now that I have made the move I am happy I made it although the effort and commitment was steep. It is not for everyone. If anyone would like to know more about the Tyros 3 I will respond. If not this is my last post on this subject.

John C.

#69092 - 08/27/09 08:05 AM Re: ANYONE HAS TYROS 3 FOR SALE?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Like many 7K players I too have been reading up on the T3. Never, except on You-Tube have I seen or heard the T3. Here and on the SZ General Arranger KB Forum I have read about the T3.
Now that I have two 7K's, one to play at home and the other once weekly at my little gig, there is no need to consider another KB. (My Technics 6K sits on it's stand out in my little Casita (little house) probably needing only a cleaning to make it perfect again. I am waffling between selling it either as-is or getting it cleaned out first.)

AUDREY....Your 6 month report on the T3 will be of great interest. JOHN C if you have additional info to share about your T3, that too will be of interest.

I do not recall that anyone on the General Arranger Forum and elsewhere have mentioned that they were former Technics owners/players. (Maybe you JOHN C?) Perhaps the passion of the T3 only folks rests with their never having owned/played a Technics by any name?

Way back in '94, my first KB was a Yammie.
Today I would call it a "toy".... Then I fell in love with the Technics KN1000... I loved it and would enjoy playing with it again. Then I bought another Yammie, why I do not recall. It was a 620 something... It was okay, though the sound quality did not meet or surpass that of the 1K...to my hear.
From there I went to the Technics 3K, 5K, 6K and 7K. Each of these Technics KB's has met my needs completely.

BUDDY... I feel sure that should you choose to purchase a Tyros 3 that it will fall short of "complimenting" your 7K... You might want to consider a less expensive T2, some other brand like Roland or Korg, or even a Technics 6500, 6000, 5000.
That is what I would have done had I not found a 2nd 7K which to my mind/experience is Queen (or King) of Arrangers....

Elizabeth

------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online