SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61555 - 04/03/07 11:52 AM help wanted please
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Having a problem using audacity and lame to make mp3s. Initially all I got was a horribly distorted sound using a Walkman and then a hi-fi cassette player which made no difference.
Then had a spot of difficulty with the pc and had to download audacity and lame again but this time couldn't manage to marry them - no idea how I did it before.
Bearing in mind I'm technically illiterate, that computers don't much like me and I don't care for them apart from emailing, using the web and enjoying this site, is someone able and willing to provide a step by step truly idiot's guide without using any technical terms such as copy and paste, files, folders etc.......?

Peter

#61556 - 04/06/07 11:35 AM Re: help wanted please
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Peter, your Technics Audio Recorder will save files in wav. or mp3 format. Just read the help file. I think Bill Norrie has the instructions on his web site, also.

#61557 - 04/06/07 01:20 PM Re: help wanted please
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Take the lameenc.dll file and extract (uncompress) it to a directory on you hard drive. The directory where you installed Audacity would be a good idea. This is probably C:\Program Files\Audacity or similar if you used the installer
Open Audacity and go to Edit > Preferences.
Go to the 'File Formats' tab.
In the bottom of the window there is a section tabled 'MP3 Export Setup'.
Click on the link tabled 'Find Library'
This will ask you if you want to locate the lame encoder. Click 'yes'.
In the dialogue box, go to the folder where you put the lame-enc.dll file earlier, and select it.
Click OK.
You should now be able to export files to the mp3 format. Walter.

#61558 - 04/09/07 05:26 AM Re: help wanted please
ochre aka ogre Offline

If I remember correctly, the audio recorder requires the pc to be linked to the kn and I can't do that 'cos the kn is away being (hopefully) repaired after I successfully murdered it doing and update ....

I decided to make a fresh start by deleting both audacity and lame and installing the latest versions. Got audacity (no Problems) but just can't get lame to download from soundforge despite pressing every button on the page... don't we just have fun....

Peter

#61559 - 04/09/07 07:57 AM Re: help wanted please
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter,

Try here : http://www.free-codecs.com/Lame_Encoder_download.htm
I suggest you use version 3.96.1 or 3.97 since version 3.98 is still in development.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#61560 - 04/09/07 09:37 AM Re: help wanted please
ochre aka ogre Offline

Bill,
Worked first time - once again you've saved my bacon, or at the least, from a nervous breakdown Thanks you Bill,

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online