SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42226 - 02/24/07 01:31 PM What are your thoughts on the SX-KN500 ?
santantoni Offline

I have just bought a KN5000 for about £ 250 (about $ 500) . I thought the price was pretty good ,so I bought it from an auction. It seems in nice condition,judging from the photos (I did not receive it yet). I know that it's not the latest arranger keyboard,(my choice would have been a new Roland E-50,but right now I did not want to spend more than twice as much).
I needed something to compose music with,as I am taking a definite decision as to whether I'll keep using my laptop or whether I'll go back to ol' times and just use dedicated hardware,maybe older,but at least you switch it on and you worry just about the music,not Windows. I don't perform live,or play in bars,so to me,for writing music with,the kn5000 at that price seems pretty good. What do the veterans here think of the KN5000?
Is it a lot better than the KN1400 or KN1600? (I was buying one of these-for about the same price- just before I saw the KN5000).

#42227 - 02/24/07 02:00 PM Re: What are your thoughts on the SX-KN500 ?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Congrats, you'll gonna love it!!

Even if it's not among the brand new ones today, it's sure does
the job. I still have mine.
Take a look at http://www.bigfoot.com/~gunjongo to start prepare
using your new baby.

Happy Playing.
GJ

Btw, if it's a HD in it, you'll love it even more.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#42228 - 02/24/07 02:06 PM Re: What are your thoughts on the SX-KN500 ?
santantoni Offline

Hi,thank you,the site that you mention looks very interesting!

#42229 - 02/24/07 02:53 PM Re: What are your thoughts on the SX-KN500 ?
santantoni Offline

ah,that's actually your website! Very cool ,I will check it out thoroughly. Thanks for the initiation my friend

#42230 - 02/25/07 08:47 AM Re: What are your thoughts on the SX-KN500 ?
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Another bonus for you.....Gunnar's site has a gazillion styles for you to download that will load up on your KN5K with no problems. You're gonna have a good time on his site, so save the url in your favorites list right below SynthZone.
SmileyCentral.com

#42231 - 02/25/07 04:11 PM Re: What are your thoughts on the SX-KN500 ?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
HI Santantoni

You have just made the better choice of the two. The Technics instruments are more "User Friendly" than the Roland, even now. At the moment I have the KN7 which is a really great keyboard and I love it.

However, in my opinion the KN5000 has the better patterns and rhythms. They seem to be a much 'warmer' sound and I still use my backups quite regularly.

I've had Technics instruments for several years now but on one occasion I bought the Roland E86 (top of the range at the time) but it was so complicated to set up. Almost everything I did had to go through the Menu. This was so time consuming, I eventually lost interest in playing it so after a few months I traded it in for a Technics KN650 which has been progressively replaced to my latest KN7, but the KN5000 is still very much a favourite of mine.

Enjoy your Keyboard, you definitely made a good choice.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 02-25-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online