SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63227 - 02/24/07 09:43 AM Technics over Yamaha etc?
santantoni Offline

I am looking to buy a good arranger board off eBay...
I used to have Kurzweil K-2000 and a Korg Trinity,so I am not too literate in arranger keyboards model history.
I can't afford the latest boards,but I am looking at Technics boards,I think I would prefer that to older Yamaha etc.
Is it true that Technics arranger boards are more user friendly ,or better than some other names?
To be honest,my choice would be a Roland E-50,but for now a nice Technics should keep me happy!
I am currently considering a Kn5000,also a KN2400,and also a kn1600...it depends on which one is gonna be the bargain

I have read in their manual that the KN1400-1600 can be connected to a computer,but the manual does not explain what one is able to do with that. Can one transfer styles or midi files in that way?

#63228 - 02/24/07 02:13 PM Re: Technics over Yamaha etc?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by santantoni:
...Is it true that Technics arranger boards are more user friendly ,or better than some other names?
To be honest,my choice would be a Roland E-50,but for now a nice Technics should keep me happy!

YES, it's true that Technics are among the very best in userfriendlyness!
You'll see when you get hands on it, beliee me.
Roland is not a bad choice at all, neither are Ketron.

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#63229 - 02/24/07 02:38 PM Re: Technics over Yamaha etc?
santantoni Offline

Thanks Gunnar,that sounds reassuring! I am not too simplistic and am technically minded at times,but after 4 years of using a laptop PC with a MIDI controller,I have had enough of complicated stuff...I just can't wait to get my hands on a instrument that was built for people who wants to make music
I might also buy a KN-2400 (looks like it's going to sell for the same price) and then decide whether I keep the kn5000 or the kn2400,and resell the other one.
What are your thoughts on the KN2400?
Yes,I hear about Ketron quite a bit...but anything that these guys build seems really overpriced.
I tend to buy gear that is a bit older...I still remember when,about 10 years ago,I was wondering about the KN5000 in a shop,back then it was £ 2000. The dream is now coming true...can't wait to get this new baby

[This message has been edited by santantoni (edited 02-24-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online