SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58930 - 01/30/07 09:19 AM Using easy record without auto-play chord
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Hi: Want to know how to record a file using easy chord that includes only piano and percussion. It seems when auto play is on, I can do it but prefer to have it off for this particular file. Is there a way to do this? I have a KN6000

MikeF

#58931 - 01/30/07 12:21 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mike ..you should be able to turn the parts off or lower the volume levels of the parts you do not want recorded..

#58932 - 01/30/07 01:13 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
runner50 Offline

Fran: Thanks for the reply but I dont think I may have made myself clear. When I am in easy record and auto play is OFF, Once I start easy record, and begin playing, my drums begin cause I have them starting in sync mode. When I go to Play the recording back, the drums are not there. I do NOT want auto play on for this particular song. Is there a way I can do this?

MikeF

#58933 - 01/30/07 01:43 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by runner50:
[B]Hi: Want to know how to record a file using easy chord that includes only piano and percussion. It seems when auto play is on, I can do it but prefer to have it off for this particular file. Is there a way to do this? I have a KN6000

Mike, On easy record

Put whatever set up you wish in the panel memory.

EX. I want drums and bass only – all others parts volume are turned down.

1-Press easy play
2-Press the panel memory you have saved
3-Press OK in window and play.

You can press any other panel memory that you have set up during the recording, it will be remembered.
Do not forget to save your work.

Good recording, John C.

#58934 - 01/30/07 01:56 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
runner50 Offline

So, John...waht youre saying is that I do have to be auto play chord....just turn down or mute the instruments that are a part of auto chord. Correct? Thank you if I understand this correctly.

MikeF

#58935 - 01/30/07 02:44 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
runner50 Offline

Dear John or anyone: I am going to tell you exactly what Im trying to do. I have piano setting with no auto chord on. Ive set the drum sample and tempo I want. I have set all this to 3 panel memory settings, depending where I go when the song starts. I go to easy record and hit ok. I record entire song, go thru all the panel settings to make the song complete. I go to listen to the recording, press easy play...only the music is heard...NO DRUMS. This is my problem!

MikeF

#58936 - 01/30/07 03:35 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi Mikef,
If I understand you correctly,
go into piano, Mode, mute ACP1-ACP5 + Bass,
you can then play piano across all the keys
with just the drums playing in easy record.
When you play back, you should have piano plus drums.
I hope it helps,
All the best,
Fred

#58937 - 01/30/07 03:36 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Mike,

From what you say it seems to me that your drums are switched off somewhere either by APC being muted, or no split point (you would get piano over entire keyboard without a split point) or the part allocated to the drums are either muted or switched off. To check this go to PROGRAM MENU, SOUND, then using the up/down keypad go through all the parts until you come to the Drum Kit (usually around part 10) and see what the settings are.

To put the SPLIT POINT where you need it, press and hold the Split Point button until the piano keyboard appears (coloured blue) whilst still holding the Split Point down press a note in the lower part of the lefthand anywhere you like and the keyboard will change showing the blue notes which are now allocated to the drums/rhythm. The white notes will remain Piano. Save your settings to a Panel Memory.

I do this quite often particularly if I'm using a 'gimmick' i.e.: I'll have the APC muted and 'Wind & Rain' set on Rt 1 saved to PM1 and then have all setups saved to PM 2 etc. so when I start playing say "Singing in the Rain" the first thing you hear is wind and rain then using my foot controller I hit PM2 and in comes the rest of the backings for my song. Some might say it's too time consuming, but I find it fun to experiment like this.

Good luck!

Audrey

#58938 - 01/30/07 04:39 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
runner50 Offline

Thank you so much, Fred! With a little trial and error, I finally got what I wanted: Full range of piano with the percussion I desired. It is just that auto chord is such a phenomenal setting, some songs really need the run up and down of bass notes to make the song really stand out. This original composition called Chemistry is the theme song for my 1st CD out in April. I am doing an acoustic version like She's Got a Way, by Billy Joel and a full production of th same song. You have made that possible and I feel confident that I can really put it out so I am happywith it...
One final question. If I want to go back an layer some strings on the file, could you send me directions for that. Seems I tried that one time and the over all volume of that added track was unusually low and couldnt find out why that was. Appreciate the help!!

MikeF

Quote:
Originally posted by Retired:
Hi Mikef,
If I understand you correctly,
go into piano, Mode, mute ACP1-ACP5 + Bass,
you can then play piano across all the keys
with just the drums playing in easy record.
When you play back, you should have piano plus drums.
I hope it helps,
All the best,
Fred

#58939 - 01/30/07 05:54 PM Re: Using easy record without auto-play chord
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi Mikef,
I have no knowledge of sequencing, so I can’t
help you with layering, hopefully some other
member can.

If I were playing a song with piano and drums,
I would put that in say memory one, and then
with piano on right one, and strings on right
two, adjust accordingly, and put in memory two,
so that when I played second time around, just
push memory two and you have piano and strings.

If you have a foot switch, you can move back and
forth as you wish, with out taking your hands off
the keyboard.

I am pleased, I was of some help.
Good luck with your project.
All the best,
Fred Wren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online