SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57678 - 01/04/07 01:14 AM Can the SD card be used as a sampler
Almin Offline

Loc: Geraldine, Canterbury, New Zea...
I see the SD card can store audio samples which can also be set to the same tempo as a sequence.Is there anyway to trigger the audio from a sequence at a designated time?

------------------
Alan Minnear

#57679 - 01/04/07 01:19 AM Re: Can the SD card be used as a sampler
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Alan now you are asking!!!!!!!!!
regards John

#57680 - 01/05/07 04:51 AM Re: Can the SD card be used as a sampler
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I use both audio material and live play, and very occasionally sequenced material; and as I understand it the audio material on an SD Card employs a totally different area of technology within the KN7000 so I can't see the sequencer facility triggering the audio files but there again there's only one man who really knows and that's Alec...
Rog

#57681 - 01/05/07 09:20 AM Re: Can the SD card be used as a sampler
Almin Offline

Rog, when you say you use audio and live play, do you start the audio and then play along with it? Is the SD audio feature only intended to play song files while you are having a break? I have a sampler already and I have recorded into it the phrase from the Roy Orbison song Only the lonely "Dum dum, dum dumdy do wha" which I recorded myself. This phrase is crucial to the song which would sound odd without it. The seqencer sends out a trigger note and the phrase starts playing. I have the trigger note inserted at various places so the same phrase
is used over and over. This is what I was wondering asbout the SD audio.

------------------
Alan Minnear

#57682 - 01/05/07 11:19 AM Re: Can the SD card be used as a sampler
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Alan
Yes you can play along with audio files if they turn out to be in a reasonable key...chuckle; I just use them as you suggest to give me a break.
Your use of triggers sounds clever but I rarely use sequence for live performance so I guess it's a realm I've not needed to enter...
Rog

#57683 - 01/05/07 03:46 PM Re: Can the SD card be used as a sampler
Almin Offline

I have triggered my sampler from a composer pattern too. For the song "Green door" I sampled my front door slamming shut. I then set up an acc track with nothing on it except the trigger. Then, just as the lyrics say "door slam", the sample door does slam. Works very well.

------------------
Alan Minnear

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online