SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51106 - 12/25/06 06:22 AM Lack of keyboard modules
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi fellow Synthzoners,
I own a KN7000 and a Solton MS40 module. Being so much in love with my KN7000, I will keep it for as long as it works.
Despite this, I don't like to stand still and I would like to update and modernise my setup with new sounds, new styles etc.
My age, 67, means that I have long since passed the days when I used to carry 2 keyboards and a module when gigging, which leaves me wondering how to achieve my aims now.

I am very impressed with the Tyros 2 and have also read much about the Roland E80 and the Korg PA1X and PA800 although I haven't actually heard or played these.

My gripe is - Why is no one but Ketron producing keyboard modules? I would buy a Tyros 2 or an E80 module immediately if they put one on the market and would also want the Korg if it is as good as they say. I would quite happily buy all 3 of them and ring the changes alternately when I play.

The manufacturers should remember that, on the sad day when I have to replace my KN7000, I am going to buy one of their full keyboard products and their module will have been instrumental in forming my choice. This is how I came to Technics full keyboards in the first place after owning a AC1200 module produced by them.

We all know that each make excels in some ways and disapoints in others and the ideal way of having the best of everything is to midi up a module to the keyboard whatever make it is and double your choice of sounds and styles.

Do other Synthzoners agree with this and would any manufacturer care to comment (they probably check sites like this for market research).
PS. Having been so pleased with the Solton, I intend to buy the next replacement for the Ketron XD3.
Best wishes to all - Tony Johnson

#51107 - 12/25/06 07:05 AM Re: Lack of keyboard modules
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello,

Although I understand your opinion is understandable, I think that Yamaha has another strategy: they first built Tyros-1 and now there are several Yamaha digital piano's equipped with a Tyros1 sound module inside. I know there is a new CVP digital piano family coming in 2007 with the Tyros2 built inside. So they build modules, but to re-use in other models.

Kind Regards, Fred

Tyros-2 music, incl. 2 christmas songs are on my site on the Interests Page http://vision-4-life.nl

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online