SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41330 - 11/22/06 10:32 AM SD Style Names
alrej Offline

I Would very much appreciate receiving help in naming styles copied from original KN7 CD to SD card. The SD in the KN7 shows i.e. 82 new styles on the left folder side and Styles 1 to 20 on the right song side. Is there a way to copy differently from the CD, so that the style names would appear on the right side instead of just 1 to 20? Which chapter of Getting the Most Book would explain this? Can't quite grasp the correct prodedure. Thank you.

#41331 - 11/22/06 10:43 AM Re: SD Style Names
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Don't know the CD you are refering to but are there actually any styles in the right hand side 1 to 20 at all?
What sort of new style names are there on the left hand side?
Rog

#41332 - 11/23/06 04:21 AM Re: SD Style Names
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I think the CD to which you refer is the one included with Alec's "Getting the Most...." book. In this case, if you load the '82 new styles' you will find the names of the styles in the CUSTOM MEMORY display screen. It is not possible to show the style names individually in the right hand side of the screen. I can't find my copy of the CD at present, but I believe there is a list of all the styles on the CD, contained within a file on the CD - either in plain Text or PDF format.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41333 - 11/23/06 08:12 AM Re: SD Style Names
alrej Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Don't know the CD you are refering to but are there actually any styles in the right hand side 1 to 20 at all?
What sort of new style names are there on the left hand side?
Rog

Thank you Roger for the kind and timely advice after e-mailing you a clarification of what I was after. Sorry about my vague original question. Your response is exactly what I was looking for.

I am including your reply in case it might help other newbies:

Aah, so the styles you are referring to are 'custom' styles...ok
and it would appear from the photo you attached that you have managed to load them into one of your folders.
To the left of your KN7000 screen are the rhythm group buttons and one of them is marked 'custom'.
That is where those custom styles that you have backed up should appear with their descriptive names.
If you then want them in files inside folders and named then you have to load each one from the custom button onto your keyboard and then save it to a folder using the following sequence of actions...
1. Press 'program menus' - top far right of keyboard.
2. Select 'composer' using button to the right of that word on the screen.
3. Select 'custom style copy' using button to the right of that phrase on the screen
4. Use the button below the word 'direction' to make sure that the style is being copied from 'custom style' to 'memory bank A' and then OK that maneouvre.
5. Now select the 'memory load' button to the left of the screen and then save that file in the normal way to whichever folder you want it stored on your SD Card - you may still have to 'name' it during that process but at least you'll have the official it has been given as a custom style.
Good luck
Rog

#41334 - 11/23/06 08:28 AM Re: SD Style Names
alrej Offline

Willum, thank you also for your kind response. As you can read in my reply to Roger, my original question was probably not clear enough. I did print the text file from the CD, it's just that I was looking for the names of the individual all custom files ( 1 to 20 ) to appear on the right hand side of the KN7 display, so that they might be chosen individually. I truly appreciate your taking your time to answer my query.
...Al

UOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I think the CD to which you refer is the one included with Alec's "Getting the Most...." book. In this case, if you load the '82 new styles' you will find the names of the styles in the CUSTOM MEMORY display screen. It is not possible to show the style names individually in the right hand side of the screen. I can't find my copy of the CD at present, but I believe there is a list of all the styles on the CD, contained within a file on the CD - either in plain Text or PDF format.

[/QUOTE]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online