SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43275 - 07/26/06 02:16 AM Technics KN 930 query
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I received the attached e-mail from Zia - can anybody help?
Dear friend,
I have a question about Technics 930... When I plugged the External Speakers to this keyboard, the keyboard speakers stopped functioning, is there some sort of setting that I have to change to enable the on board speakers on the keyboard. Please help..

Much appreciate

Zia

#43276 - 07/26/06 02:47 AM Re: Technics KN 930 query
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Rog!
I've just had a look at the Technics 930 Manual (On-Line) and it would appear that it is not possible to have internal and external speakers working at the same time, on this model. A single jack socket is used for connecting all external equipment - Headphones, Powered speakers etc.

Quote from Page 124 of the manual :

"Phones/Line Out Output level 1.5V rms.
Headphones, a keyboard amplifier, or stereo equipment can be connected to this terminal. When other apparatus is connected to this terminal, the internal speaker system is automatically switched off and sound is heard only through the connected device".

So, the action of inserting a Jack plug into this socket, operates a switch within the socket and disconnects the internal speakers.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 07-26-2006).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43277 - 07/26/06 03:15 AM Re: Technics KN 930 query
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Thanks Bill - that's brilliant...I know Zia will be reading this so he'll let me know if there's anything else he doesn't understand...
Cheers
Rog

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online