SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49586 - 03/02/06 09:39 AM Backup Memory Problem
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I haven't had my KN7000 too long. When I am working in Composer, I find if I turn the keyboard off and turn it on again in about 1 or 2 minutes, what I have done in Composer isn't there - it is back to the default. This is also the case in doing work in the Sequencer. I never had this problem in the KN6000. It would hold at least the 80 minutes backup memory the manual said it would. Has anyone had this problem or an answer for this happening?

S

#49587 - 03/02/06 11:36 AM Re: Backup Memory Problem
technicsplayer Offline

it's normal on the 7k, just different internal architechture from the 6k. The manual times are typo errors carried over from the 6k manual. Always save before switching off, SD makes it easy. I would never trust my work to internal power residue, even on the older machines

#49588 - 03/02/06 03:17 PM Re: Backup Memory Problem
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi, technicsplayer -

Thank you, thank you. I have been concerned all day that something was wrong with the keyboard. I thought there was a backup battery of some sort for this memory to stay in for the 80 minutes or so and perhaps, when the guy I had do the conversion of the power supply from the UK model to the US model, he forgot to put it back in. So, what is a fact with ALL KN7000s is that NONE hold the memory when turned off - right?

By the way, I always save when I am totally satisfied with what I created. Sometimes, with the KN6000, I would turn it off and know that it would be there at least an hour later.

S

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online