SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39191 - 12/08/05 10:26 AM GA-3
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Dear all,
I wonder if anyone can steer me in the appropriate direction regarding a couple of queries I have regarding the GA3,which has been in my little music/pc room for about 6 months.I've now reached the stage where I'm tweaking sounds(more or less essential on this instrument),sequencing songs and putting my own bits and bobs into the composer-and tweaking third party styles.I have two problems;I would like to introduce pitch bend to some of the stuff I program(not live playing),no I'm afraid I don't have a midi keyboard with a bend wheel-I sold my 7000!Is there anything on the market that would work?
Can I connect the organ to my pc(Dell,6 months old,WinXP)via midi?There are no midi terminals on the computer!
Any help would be gratefully received.
P.S.The GA-3 is outstanding!

#39192 - 12/08/05 06:24 PM Re: GA-3
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi,

As far as a MIDI connection to your computer is concerned you can use a USB to MIDI adapter. A quick search of the internet shows a number available in the UK. Pricing appears to be around 40 pounds. If your PC has a games port, a MIDI adapter for this should be available at a somewhat lower price.
As for the pitch bend wheel, if your GA3 accepts standard pitch bend control commands, most keyboards with a pitch wheel and MIDI output should work. It should be possible to pick up a quite cheap second hand one. Alternatively you could investigate inserting Pitch bend commands into a MIDI file on your PC.

Cheers
Len C.

#39193 - 12/09/05 12:52 AM Re: GA-3
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Hi Len,
Thanks for your reply;certainly the GA-3 accepts midi pitch bend data as shown in certain 3rd party sequencer and composer information.Importing the data to a midi fil
e via pc sounds intriguing!Regarding a midi to pc lead,I would guess that to usb would be faster & more reliable than to soundcard?Your input is much appreciated.
Cheers,David.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online