SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50786 - 11/20/05 10:54 AM changing volumes in preset rythmns
McCrae Offline

Loc: Scotland
Hi All, I am looking for help. I want to change individual volumes in the preset rythmns, then put in panel memory. My problem is, when I change to the next variation, the volumes go back to preset. Is the only way to do these changes every time? I am sure that is not the case, and that hopefully the answer will be posted. Thanks in advance. Jess

#50787 - 11/20/05 11:06 AM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
McCrae Offline

Hi again, I have tried this again, and the changes have worked all right. Sorry for being so slow. Jess

#50788 - 11/20/05 11:11 AM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Jess,

If you change the preset level in say
Variation1 you can move to all variations
and that change should stay, but if you
switch to a new panel memory it will go back to preset.

Barry

#50789 - 11/20/05 12:33 PM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Jess,

Volume settings can also be changed using PROGRAM MENUS, SOUND, PART SETTING, PART SELECT. Use up and down buttons to go through all the parts you are interested in changing.

EXIT, Press BLUE SET Button and the PANEL MEMORY Button of your choice. When finished, save to floppy disk or SD Card and you'll have your new settings forever.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#50790 - 11/20/05 03:07 PM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
McCrae Offline

Hi Barry and Audrey, thank you for your speedy repies. From what you both said, I am assuming that if I wanted all 8 buttons filled, then I would have to reset the new volumes in the rythmns every time. Is this right? Any help is appreciated, regards, Jess.

#50791 - 11/20/05 03:32 PM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
Audrey Turner Offline

Firstly which set of preset rhythms are you trying to change.

1) Normal?
2) Music Stylist?
3) Custom Stylist?

If you confirm this point, it'll be easier for me to tell you how I do it, o.k.?

Aud (U.K.)

#50792 - 11/21/05 03:02 AM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
McCrae Offline

Hi Audrey, thanks for the reply. For this experiment I was using the preset rythmns. My aim ultimately was to put the new style in custom style. I found a magazine from 2000, and it had a tutorial on custom styling. The writer used music stylist as an example. Unfortunately it is one of four magazines I have. I acquired these from a couple of people who had moved to another keyboard. I bought this kb. 8 months ago. thanks in advance, Jess

#50793 - 11/21/05 03:05 AM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
McCrae Offline

Hi Audrey, I reread your last reply, and I guess I mean 'normal'. Although any information would be good, sorry, Jess

#50794 - 11/21/05 04:32 PM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Jess,

I'll assume you would like to create your own setups with varying styles, sounds and tempos using the 'normal' styles offered on the KN - WITHOUT THE MUSIC STYLE ARRANGER ON.
Here's how I would do it:-

With VARIATION 1 in lefthand on, I would make my choice with rhythm tempo set at 100 say. Press and hold BLUE SET button
at the same time Press PANEL MEMORY 1.

Go to Variation 2, make your choice, change tempo say to 120, press and hold BLUE SET button together with PANEL MEMORY 2. Repeat actions with Variation 3 to PM3 and
Variation 4 to PM4.

Go back to PANEL MEMORY 1, Press BANK VIEW, go to Page 3, name both Bank and Panel Memories 1-4. OK and Exit EACH time. You should now be on your Home Page where you will see your 4 named PMs in Bank A.

Press PROGRAM MENUS (under red record button). Press COMPOSER and then CUSTOM STYLE COPY. You will see FROM Memory Bank A
TO Custom Style 1, click on OK. and EXIT.
To check you're on the right road. Press MUSIC STYLIST then CUSTOM STYLIST and your four named settings should be in the No.1 slot. EXIT through to Home Page.

Repeat all this if you wish to fill all 20 slots in the Custom Stylist but do remember to CHANGE THE NUMBER OF THE CUSTOMER STYLE AT THE COPY STAGE, it'll be easier for you when you're using them for playing.

If you wanted to use all 8 of the PMs you will have to put PMs 5-8 in slot No.2 of the Custom Stylist. The Custom Stylist uses Flash Memory which means you can play all 20 slots without loading any of them and your settings will NOT CHANGE until you decide to change them.

If you then save these to floppy or SD Card, you can use this sytem again and again, building up a whole load of your own settings which of course, when saved to SD Card is a 'doddle' to load.

My tip for you is to save all 20 to a floppy disk then save to SD Card using the COPY DISK
FEATURE of the card. This loads all 20 in one go.

I Hope this helps, but if I have misunder-stood your need or you would like to know something else that I can you help with, feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#50795 - 11/22/05 03:53 AM Re: changing volumes in preset rythmns
McCrae Offline

Hello Audrey, Thank you for your help. I will try out all you said. Every day is a learning curve. I will no doubt be back with something else soon. regards, Jess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online