SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42608 - 09/02/05 06:55 AM Ensemble Piano from Kiwai
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi all,

Just a question. The Dealer near me(TuneTown) that used to sell Technics is now selling Kiwai Digital Pianos and while they don't have a portable version I found the quality of the instrument to be very close to Technics (if not better). I say that but I really only had a little time to play around with it.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on the Kiwai instruments?

If Kiwai came out with a portable version it could be the beginning of a good thing.

I'm not perpaired to give up my compatibility with the KN7000 yet but I'm looking.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#42609 - 09/03/05 04:28 AM Re: Ensemble Piano from Kiwai
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Heather
Do you mean Kawai ?? If so, there is a forum within Synthzone : http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...=1000&SUBMIT=Go
I still have a Kawai K1M midi module, which is basically a K1 instrument without the keyboard. I haven't used it for many years but I used to connect it to some of my earlier Technics keyboards and I do remember that it produced some very good sounds.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42610 - 09/12/05 01:20 PM Re: Ensemble Piano from Kiwai
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Bill,

Yep, That's the one I meant. There is a forum in SZ but it doesn't look like it gets much attention. Probably because they don't really have "keyboards" as we think of them. It's a shame they don't because the piano's sound great.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Heather
Do you mean Kawai ?? If so, there is a forum within Synthzone : http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...=1000&SUBMIT=Go
I still have a Kawai K1M midi module, which is basically a K1 instrument without the keyboard. I haven't used it for many years but I used to connect it to some of my earlier Technics keyboards and I do remember that it produced some very good sounds.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online