SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59451 - 07/29/05 07:11 PM KN7000 Vocalizer (Once More)
ddmetzger Offline

Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN USA
I have read a lot of posts in different places about the inadequacies of the KN7000 vocalizer but Walt Tenay suggested I post my question on this forum so here goes.............
I wish to use the vocalizer OCCASIONALLY for gigs and do no want to have to invest in a stand-alone box. I have two 'needs' for the 7000 vocalizer;
1. The ability to change the octave of the technichord harmony chord.
2. The ability to change the volume of the harmony chord relative to the mic input voice.
In addition, I have a 'want':
The ability to change the voice of the harmony.
It has been suggested that I can accomplish #1 by setting the octave parameter of the 'harmony channel'. I have been unable to find anything like a 'harmony channel' after hours of searching.
I would also like to be able to change the volume of the technichord chord relative to a solo note entered from the keyboard.
I have a suspicion that the key to all of these needs/wants lies in a screen somewhere that I have not found. I tried the PANTUNE help line some time ago but they said they didn't know how to do what I want.
If anybody out there could point me in a productive direction on this I would be eternally grateful.

#59452 - 07/30/05 05:16 AM Re: KN7000 Vocalizer (Once More)
technicsplayer Offline

I can't remember the last time I actually used the 7000 harmoniser so this is from memory and may have some details mis-remembered.

depends if playing live or recorded song really.
For a song hold the technichord button down and choose part 4 as the orchestrator. Now go to the mixer via the sequencer screen and alter the volume of part 4 for the harmony kn voice, and change the kn voice sound in part 4 if you wish. The octave can be changed in +/-12 semitone steps on page 5 of the mixer.
For the vocal harmony which should be based on this track hold down the mic button, put multi effect on, then multi effect set, choose vocal effect then vocal harmoniser, then detail edit and fine tune the volume and reverb "wetness" of the vocal harmony. Using part 4 gives more flexibility, means an easy recording will capture the correct kn sounds, has easier post editing, and leaves R2 free.

For live play you could use R2 as the technichord orchestrator but its better long term to get used to part 4 for all the advantages it offers, since you can still mix R1/R2 as well as have a third kn voice plus vocal harmony. Get to the full mixer in live play via menu, reverb & effect, mixer. If you use R2 say in live play then the R1/R2 Octave switch on the panel should work and the harmony should sound when you play a right hand chord, with no right hand chord you'll just have the normal mic reverb on the vocal.

Page 2 of the mic reverb & effect screen chooses the track to be used for harmony, either from midi or auto play chord or a harmony track from technichord where you can choose your harmony.

If using midis, say tune 1000, harmonies are usually on track 5 so there's your octave shift in the mixer.

Your harmony tweaks can then be saved in an effect memory from the detail effect edit page.

As I say it's been a long time, this is all from memory so don't quote me, but should get you started in the right direction

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 07-30-2005).]

#59453 - 07/30/05 06:21 AM Re: KN7000 Vocalizer (Once More)
ddmetzger Offline

Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN USA
Wow! This is more info than I've gotten in three years of trying. Thanks very much. I have to prepare for a gig tomorrow but then I will try these instructions and let you know how I make out.

Thanks !!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online