SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54214 - 04/14/05 04:06 AM kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
metaldream Offline

Loc: Milan
Hi all! this is my first post, my name is Marco and I'm italian.

I have a Technics KN5000 and it's fine. I like it. I use it above all in STEP-RECORD mode.

The bigger problems are the SOUNDS of GUITARS that are very "midi" and I don't like them.

I found KN7000 in a store but i can't try it.

I don't know if buy kn7000 or stay with my kn5000.

Are sounds really differents? ... because i'm not so interesting about "video-clip" function or SD card... yes they are cool but are not the reason for me to buy it.

So my only question is, SOUNDS between kn5000 and kn7000 are different? is better kn7000?

Thank you,

Marco L.

------------------
Music is Intelligence

#54215 - 04/14/05 08:39 AM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
I found KN7000 in a store but i can't try it.
Can not try it then do not buy it. Keep looking for the kn7000 you will not look back. Go to the Technics for all site and listen to the sounds also keso. Out in the big world are wonderfull players of the kn7000. The kn 5000 became a cult keyboard in its time. Its up to you.Best wishes

------------------
rog.

#54216 - 04/14/05 11:30 AM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Marco
I had a kn5000 for three years before I bought the 7000.I too thought the 5000 was great until I got the 7000. Much much better in every way. I good write a book on the differences.

I can't understand why you can't play the one in the store,but Rog is right. Investigate the sounds,etc.,but they are getting hard to find and if you can get one that is good,do it.

Bernie

#54217 - 04/14/05 01:12 PM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by metaldream:
Hi all! this is my first post, my name is Marco and I'm italian.

I don't know if buy kn7000 or stay with my kn5000.

Are sounds really differents? ... because i'm not so interesting about "video-clip" function or SD card... yes they are cool but are not the reason for me to buy it.

So my only question is, SOUNDS between kn5000 and kn7000 are different? is better kn7000?

Hello,

I will help you out:

First of all I will send you a bunch of mp3's which I created on my KN7000. In our church we have a KN5000 that I played for several years. And in a band it is good enough. But for personal joy the KN7000 is so much nicer.

I also like to comment on your remark about the SD Card. Once you have a simple SD Card reader hooked on your PC and our KN-SDExplorer tool, you throw all floppies out of the window. With the SD Card the loading of a song is approx. 2 seconds. And for your songs you can use 16 characters and no necessary use of two digits for the number to name your songs, using small and Capital letters.
With our tool you can handle songs as if they were single files: copy, move, paste, rename, import, export.

Just have a look on http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it to find all the details with screenshots, FAQ, tutorial, and demo version to download.

... and enjoy listening to my music. I will send it via yousendit.com

Regards, Fred
http://fred.kn7000.net

#54218 - 04/14/05 04:36 PM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I second Fred's comments on the SD Card and would add that if you go for the KN7000 you can then store all the sounds, rhythms etc. (including your own settings) on a card and I think you may still be able to get FREE downloads of other styles from the net as well. If not, you can certainly get them from Technote at Eaton Socon, England.

The beauty of the KN7000 is that it can read and play lots of styles from older keyboards - as far back as the KN2000.

Yes! if I were in your shoes, I would definitely go for the KN7000 as apart from all the extras it is much more 'user friendly' as well.

Hope this helps.

Aud(U.K.)

#54219 - 04/15/05 01:48 AM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
metaldream Offline

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

This shop where I found kn7000 said me "I've only 2 of these keyboard but you can't try it".

I called many others shops and nobody work anymore with technics here in Italy, there are "voices" that say "Technics will no more make instruments"and as said before it's hard to find....

I'm sure that kn7000 is much better than 5000 so I think I'll buy it anyway. But now I've a doubt, what about assistance? ... i'm gona ask the shop if there is an assistance or not, think it's important.

a little OT :

When I talk to some others shops about STEP RECORD and Technics they say me there are many SYNTH that are better, or others keyboard as TYROS.

I tried Tyros... no way! KN is MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!

I wait the songs fmlk4u, and thank you again for your help!

Ciao!

Marco L.

#54220 - 04/15/05 02:10 AM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
metaldream Offline

X fmlk4u:

I downloaded the MP3 u send me. thanks.

I like them very much and above all I liked two songs:

-1) RIDER IN THE SKY

-2) HEAR ON PRAISE

I've just 2 questions

1) Did you rec them in STEP RECORD MODE?

2) Guitars are surerly better than kn5000, but did you work on that sounds or you used the original?

by,

Marco L.

------------------
Music is Intelligence

#54221 - 04/15/05 02:44 PM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Marco,

So first of all: I assume that you received my "yousendit" email with the whole bunch. The uploading seemed to take so long, that I broke it off. But sometimes the uploading is finished, but the browser thinks not

About details: sometimes I record realtime, but more times I use step record for the Chord line. Then I record the melody lines realtime on top of it and finally I add fill-ins, and other effects as finishing touch.

Regarding the guitar sounds I used: they are original KN7000. I hardly do sound editing. The KN7000 has so many sounds....

I have another suggestion. I am webmaster for my keyboard retailer. Although the site is Dutch I will direct you to a page where you can download mp3's of demo MIDI's of the optional wave expansion boards. Then you can hear that I don't have to edit sounds.

Go to http://www.keyboard-centrum.nl, then select 'Assortiment' from the top menu and then 'Accessoires' from the left and finally the blue hyperlink at the bottom of the page. This brings you to the page where you can download the mp3's, 8 in total, one behind each picture.

Finally: Comparing the Tyros with KN7000: Tyros also sounds nice, but mechanically it is toy stuff compared with KN7000's robustness. And it's personal, but I find the KN-UI more intuitive. The menu structure is easier to me.

Regards, Fred
http://vision4life.lifewithchrist.org

#54222 - 04/16/05 02:43 AM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
metaldream Offline

Very interesting sounds! ... thank you for your help again, today I'll go in a big shop near TORINO (www.merula.com) ... they have many keyboards and I'm gona try others models to be sure to buy here in Milan KN7000

If I buy KN7000 I'm really interesting about WAVE EXPANSION BOARD the last at bottom, guitars etc. I'll send an e-mail to the shop! do u know how much they cost?

Thanks for friendly help!

Marco L.

#54223 - 04/16/05 05:02 AM Re: kn5000 vs kn7000 [HELP]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Marco,

There are also some WMA files, recorded on KN7000, on my website : http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html Downloads page....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online