SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65230 - 12/24/04 08:45 PM SD Jukebox Non Recognition of CD Drives
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hello & seasons greetings to everyone. It is a hot, humid, sunny Christmas Day here, temperature 34C, humidity 80%.

I've been an avid reader of the forums for a very long time & have finally decided to register & become part of the friendly, educational & informative group. My wife & I currently use a KN7 & KN3 in our dance band (2 piece)& together with both vocals all goes through our PA system. We've used mostly Technics KBs in the past except for a Yamaha which incidentally really complimented the sound of the Technics when used together.

I have recently installed the "SD Jukebox + Floppy upgrade" as part of the "Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit". When I try to copy an audio CD to the Jukebox a message "Could not access CD Rom drive" appears. I have installed & re- installed the SD Jukebox numerous times, installed another CD Rom drive, but the same message still appears.

My computer consists of:- AMD Athlon 2600 XP Processor, Gigabyte K7 Triton Motherboard-GA-7N400 Pro2, nForce2 Chipset, 512mb PC3200 DDR SD Ram, Realtek AL650 integrated AC97 soundchip,(Soundblaster Live), Windows XP Pro, Lite-On CD/DVD Rom, Lite-On CD/DVD Burner.

I have not noticed this problem dealt with on the forum & would appreciate any help,comments & suggestions, & look forward to participating in the forum discussions.

Yours in Music,
Alan

#65231 - 12/25/04 06:59 AM Re: SD Jukebox Non Recognition of CD Drives
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Alan, I can't help with your problem because I don't use the Jukebox software. But, it is good to see you here on the forum.

#65232 - 12/26/04 08:30 AM Re: SD Jukebox Non Recognition of CD Drives
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi Alan,

Recently I also got the SD Jukebox and looked into this matter. I think I found the problem because I had the same error at first. I think the "fix" is easy:

1. In e.g Windows Explorer find out what the drive letter of your CD-drive is.
2. Start the Jukebox application and press the "Settings" button. Then at the General settings you can select the right drive letter from the lis and press OK. Now you will see that the "LED" for CD lights up and can be selected.

Good luck. Have you also considered our tool that is called a "Must-Have" tool by many of our customers: KN-SDExplorer

(see http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it)

Kind Regards, Fred
http://www.kn7000.net/Fred_Mellink

[This message has been edited by fmlk4u (edited 12-26-2004).]

#65233 - 12/26/04 11:39 PM Re: SD Jukebox Non Recognition of CD Drives
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the welcome. Your name brings back memories of KN5000 Which I still own. My wife was going to move from the KN3 to the KN5 but she feels the KN3 sounds that she uses are warmer, although I remember Scott using a very nice piano on one of his recordings on the KN5.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but it is not working for me. I wonder how many others are having this problem. I'm not sure whether it is software or hardware related.

Yes I am interested in your SD EXplorer. Have read a little about it But need to investigate further.(Will follow your link). Also information on PayPal as I've never used it.

Yours in Music
Alan

#65234 - 01/05/05 07:49 AM Re: SD Jukebox Non Recognition of CD Drives
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I remember those days, Alan. Scott can make most any piano sound good.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online