SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50208 - 10/17/04 04:42 AM SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
I have acquired a further SZ-CB7 writing kit new boxed that I would prefer to go to a forum member rather than put it on Ebay.
Cost is £50 + postage

#50209 - 10/17/04 05:44 AM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi Johnny,
I do have interest in such a kit, but still don´t know how it really works. It is possible to record a voice while listening to a midifile background, and then save this recorded voice together, synchronized,with the midifile on the SD card?

Regards Lindoz

[This message has been edited by Lindoz (edited 10-17-2004).]

#50210 - 10/17/04 10:33 AM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Hi Lindoz
Check your mail
Regards Johnnie

#50211 - 10/17/04 03:28 PM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindoz:
Hi Johnny,
Is it possible to record a voice while listening to a midifile background, and then save this recorded voice together, synchronized,with the midifile on the SD card?

Regards Lindoz

Yes that is one of the many cool things you can do with this software.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#50212 - 10/18/04 07:26 AM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
LAHAWK......THANK YOU for answering the question on the forum!

The response "watch your mail" only helps one person.....

#50213 - 10/21/04 04:09 AM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
Lindoz Offline

Hi Larry
Can you describe little more about the cool things to do with this kit?

Regards Lindoz

#50214 - 10/21/04 04:45 PM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
lahawk Offline

Here is one example:

Let's say you have a recording of Elvis Presley singing "Love Me Tende"r on your computer in MP3 Format.

With the kit you can convert this Elvis MP3 song so that it plays in your KN7000 or 2600, That's cool enough, especially if you do disk jockey type gigs.

But wait, that's only the beginning. If you save this Elvis MP3(now called an Audio File on the keyboard) and place that song in position 1 of an Audio folder, you can Audio Syncro and save as a Technics File.

With this, you load the Elvis Audio file, and hit the Audio Syncro button, and you now can play your keyboard along with Elvis singing in the background. Is that cool or what? By saving the whole performance as a Technics File, you can recall yourself playing the 7000 with Elvis singing instantly at a push of a button. You can add pics via picture load, and edit like any other Technics file. Of course you can't edit the original Audio(mp3) file, unless you record the Technics/Audio file to a computer where with some decent software you can futher edit both yourself playing the keyboard and Elvis singing.

Maybe you'll want to sing along with Elvis and save it back to your 7000...but then maybe you really wouldn't want to do that.

Anyway with a little imagination and the correct software, the possiblites are many.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#50215 - 10/21/04 11:28 PM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
Lindoz Offline

Thanks Larry,
Very interesting stuff. However I maybe let the "King" sing for himself

I have some thoughts of recording a 2:nd and maybe a 3:rd voice or some backgroundchoir into my HD-recorder, when I listen/monitoring a Techmidifile. I understand that this recordings then must be converted to Mp3 files.

Am I right if it seems to me that I can keep the Techmidifile in the original mode and only put in the Mp3,s to the card and then sync them to the Techfile?

Regards Lindoz

#50216 - 10/22/04 04:33 PM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
lahawk Offline

After you save the mp3 to your SDcard with Jukebox software, you can play it back on your 7000. You can then sync your playing the keyboard on the 7000 with the Audio file. Then save both the Audio and Technics file as a Technics file.

Now when you play back that Technics file it will play the combined performance. Of course both the original Audio and Technics file must be on the same card, and the Audio File must be in position 1 of any Audio folder for the sync to occur, and to load as one.

As far as singing along with a TechMidi file, the only way I know would be to record the TechMidi file to your computer, then with the appropiate recording software add your voice(s) Load the final performance to an SD Card via Jukebox, and then play it on your 7000 as an Audio file. After that, if you desire, you can sync the audio(play along on your 7000 with the Audio file) and save it as a Technics file.
If so futher desired you can record that performance back to your computer, and add even more singing, etc. Then again save it back to your SDCard via Jukebox.
This is what I mean about the endless possiblities. I suppose you could do this forever and ever

By the way, you do not HAVE to play along on your 7000 to sync with an Audio file. Just let the Audio file play through, then save it as a Technics file. This way, you can put the Technics file anywhere you want on your SD Card..any folder..Favorites, etc. You can have Elvis singing in your Favorites list..cool

The important thing to remember is you have to keep the original Audio file in position 1 of any Audio Folder. So if you want, say, 10 Audio files saved as Technics files, you would need 10 folders, with each song at the top.
#1 in Folder 1
#1 in Folder 2
#1 in Folder 3
etc... Not sure why, but it works.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone. It's not that hard. If you have the writing kit, experiment, have fun, and maybe you can find other "cool" things.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#50217 - 10/22/04 05:57 PM Re: SD Audio pc writing kit SZ-CB7
Lindoz Offline

Thank you Larry for taken your time to explaine those things about the SD card. It´s maybe time for me to get started with this stuff...

Regards Lindoz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online